Riff Library

Help me make this a better Forum! Got some ideas that would make this place better, let me know.
Dargavel

Riff Library

An idea to add to the knowledge base: The riff library. A place to post scales, turnarounds, chords and other riffs (possibly linking to audio/video of playing said riffs). This could be beneficial to those looking to rip off other people's ideas, or at least add to their own library.
Dinosaur David B

Riff Library

I'm all for new ideas. Can you give me an example?
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Dargavel

Riff Library

I was thinking mostly tabbed scales or specific riffs (being careful not to infringe any copyrights). There have been tabs popping up on the forums, and already in the knowledge base, and I personally am working on a diagram that has every not of every mode on a 24 fret neck. I see the riff library being specific, short riffs designed to help people come up with new ideas. I'm not thinking full songs (we don't want to become Ultimate Guitar or anything of the sort), but more ideas to help beginner to intermediate level players with applicable basic theory. It would also give us a place to post stuff like practice excercises.
Dinosaur David B

Riff Library

If you build them, I will post them.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
mr_crowley

Riff Library

I am actually thinking about starting to record some videos when I have brought home an amp again and have got some better then my current cellphone to record with...

I have some cool ideas (at least I think they are cool), for example I've come up with a variation on the riff from Man on the Silve Mountain that I think is kind of cool.

I think the idea itself is pretty damn good, can just basically put up links to YouTube clips and thats it and maybe write some short introduction or something like that