Classified Gear ads? Dave? can it be done?

Help me make this a better Forum! Got some ideas that would make this place better, let me know.
Isaac

i think that a classified section wold be cool. rig talk has a good one, DRG should have one too! and the forumite numbers here are pretty small, with many members having met other members of DRG, so there a much smaller chance of getting burned on deals.

and if we sold gear here, we would know that it wold go into good hands that wold play the shit out of the sold gear!

maybe dave can impose rules for the section if it ever comes to fruition? like no posting in the classified until you have a certain number of posts? and no dealers maybe, (excluding chubtone, of course!) is chub the only dealer on DRG?

anybody else think that DRG could use a classified section?

Jason

I agree with this concept in theory, but I'm not sure DRG members have much gear that they'd want to sell.

We're a small community to begin with, and most of us keep what we buy. At least that's the impression I get.

I support this idea. :metal:
Isaac

Jack V wrote:
I agree with this concept in theory, but I'm not sure DRG members have much gear that they'd want to sell.

We're a small community to begin with, and most of us keep what we buy. At least that's the impression I get.

yeah, i though of that but i though maybe if a side forum existed so we had the option to sell if we wanted to, more people would rise to it and post ads.

as far as guitar ads go, maybe we could describe the tone unplugged? because i find that ads really lack in that area. and here at DRG we can make those inferences, because we all know tone, unlike other forums where a les paul is simply a a status symbol, and may not necessarily be a striong representation of the tone that we all like in a les paul.
Jason

I'm with you on this isaac, but even then -- tone is subjective right?
Dinosaur David B

This is a hard thing to officially sanction. Will people sell in good faith? What happens if they don't? Is DRG responsible if someone stiffs you? Should we ban them? Is that justice? We've let people post gear for sale over the years, and to my knowledge, very, very little has actually been sold member to member.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Isaac

Dinosaur David B wrote:
This is a hard thing to officially sanction. Will people sell in good faith? What happens if they don't? Is DRG responsible if someone stiffs you? Should we ban them? Is that justice? We've let people post gear for sale over the years, and to my knowledge, very, very little has actually been sold member to member.

well, one thing about doing a classified section on DRG IMHO, wold be that there are very few regular members on here, and from what i've seen, most of the people here would sell in good faith. this isn't just a nameless and faceless board with forum posters, many of you guys have actually met and befriended one another in real life, so i suppose the trust and safety would go up as well.

i don't think DRG should be responsible for any losses, because, as far as i know, all classified sections on the net are pretty much buy at your own risk. paypal covers to a certain extent, and you can file claims with postal services.

as far as banning, dunno. thats really your call, if you see it fit. but then again, for the reasons above, it just seems like there would be less of a chance on DRG of scamming like that happening.
yngwie666

Well I bought a pedal, some pickups and an amp (well this one went on eBay after DRG, but seller changed his mind about selling UK only).

I'm not against dealers like Chubtone putting stuff in this section as well.There's more chance to find a Splawn or a pointy guitar in my house than in any shop 100km around me...