Magazine scans

Help me make this a better Forum! Got some ideas that would make this place better, let me know.
Jason

Magazine scans

I was reading the DRG profile on Gary Moore. I hadn't read it in a really long time. I wanted to see if I approached the articles differently, since I have become a more advanced player. I wanted to find more info on him, so I searched on the internet and got next to nothing! Given that GM wasn't big in North America, I didn't expect much apart from his blues period.

It hit me that maybe some of the older members in the forum could scan some stuff from their favorite magazines and maybe dedicate part of the site to archiving old interviews, pics and other memorabilia. Maybe limit it to stuff that affects guitar playing like interviews that talk about tone, pickups etc. I think having an archive of stuff would help some younger members who want to understand more about the context of the time; something that the DRG Alchemy profiles cannot possibly cover (because their purpose is to condense all that stuff).

I know that some of those interviews were not very well done at all "Ie: what do you think of van halen"

but it's just an idea.
Dinosaur David B

Magazine scans

It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Jason

Magazine scans

thanks Dave!

I'm terrible at reading tab but I'll figure it out :chuckle:
merlo_zeppelin

Magazine scans

th book is great, I got in from the forum some time a go en learn some of the songs, there are some I cant handle yet though!
Seven Moons

Magazine scans

Cool. Thanks Dave :up:
59LemonDrop

Magazine scans

That's awesome Dave, thanks.
yngwie666

Magazine scans

Here's my list : MY LIST

Now the bad news: I only have low speed internet and no longer access to DSL at work, so I cannot upload any of them.

Good news: it should have been installed 2 months ago so it should come any time soon.

Here's one that I have posted before: Vandenberg
Jason

Magazine scans

Patrice this stuff is awesome

but I'm not talking about tab (though tab would for SURE help the site too)

I was actually referring to sources where guitarists talk about their heroes, or why they play a certain guitar. Or what they want to achieve musically...like, little insights and stuff like that.

pics would be cool too, but im most interested in interviews.

So just to kinda summarize in no particular order:

1) Pics

2) Interviews

3) Tabs

4) video files maybe?
mr_crowley

Magazine scans

I think that would be a very good idea... Though it maybe should be taken into account that it is probably (it is in Sweden at least) to spread other persons work (music, movies but also interviews) the way you like to without the permission of the person that have made it.

I just don't want anyone on this board to get in legal troubles...
merlo_zeppelin

Magazine scans

man that vanderberg book is really awesome, Im gonna learnt it from start to finish every song every solo in that book is just completely awesome!! thanks a lot man