Judas Priest - Invincible Shield (album)

Use this forum to discuss specific rock guitar players, their music, their gear, etc.
Dinosaur David B

Re: Judas Priest - Invincible Shield (album)

Stitsel wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:47 amI know it's a stupid comparison, but between Rob & Bruce dare I say it, Halford's got the edge...& Dickinson sounds excellent these days. 

Neither sounds like they've lost a thing, which is remarkable. Bruce's singing on TMP is as good as he's ever been. I've always felt he sings better on his solo stuff with Roy because it's more tailored for his voice and range than the IM stuff.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
cvansickle

I'll jump on the pile. I'm really enjoying the new Priest!
Dr Nick

Had a listen through. Rob Halford sounds VERY good!
Dinosaur David B

I think the whole thing sounds good. The songs are better than I expected. 
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Stitsel

Well, it looks like this is their highest charting album ever, it hit #2 in the UK ( not that I ever care about such things, especially in today's day & age ) which is quite remarkable. Perhaps people want some real metal again? 
Bent out of shape

Must give this new one a listen,  I gather they did a press launch at a club in Kingston on Thames,  just 7 miles from me
Dr Nick

Well that was a strange thing: had to take my drummer son down to the South coast - he had a local gig away from his Circus tour and trains are unreliable. 

Stopped on the way back for coffee, and who walks in but ROB HALFORD + security guy. He's turning away from the people in the place, so I guessed he didn't want to talk. 
Went outside...and IAN HILL was in deep conversation with someone by a black van. Another van next to it. And the entourage standing around them.

Then Rob came out, they got in the vans, and drove off. 

Clearly a sign. I'm getting this!
Tatosh Guitar

Dr wrote:Sat Jan 03, 1970 9:49 pm Well that was a strange thing: had to take my drummer son down to the South coast - he had a local gig away from his Circus tour and trains are unreliable. 

Stopped on the way back for coffee, and who walks in but ROB HALFORD + security guy. He's turning away from the people in the place, so I guessed he didn't want to talk. 
Went outside...and IAN HILL was in deep conversation with someone by a black van. Another van next to it. And the entourage standing around them.

Then Rob came out, they got in the vans, and drove off. 

Clearly a sign. I'm getting this!

I am lucky this didn't happen to me. I would have probably lost my shit.

Judas Priest is probably my all time favorite band, and Halford might be my favorite singer. And while I have seen him live twice, and have met several rock stars, I have never been closer than a 100 yards from him. I wanna say I would keep my cool but honestly, I am being delusional. I would probably react like an average 15 year old girl with her favorite boy band and go totally bonkers if I ran unto him on a coffee shop...

I am enjoying this album more and more with each listen. I am quite surprised, because I had not enjoyed anything by anyone in years. It is actually refreshing. So far the first three songs strike me as the strongest, but I am still digesting the whole thing.

Osky

Tatosh wrote:Sat Jan 03, 1970 9:49 pm

I am lucky this didn't happen to me. I would have probably lost my shit.

Judas Priest is probably my all time favorite band, and Halford might be my favorite singer. And while I have seen him live twice, and have met several rock stars, I have never been closer than a 100 yards from him. I wanna say I would keep my cool but honestly, I am being delusional. I would probably react like an average 15 year old girl with her favorite boy band and go totally bonkers if I ran unto him on a coffee shop...

Ian Hill lives 3 miles up the road from me, he's often spotted in Lichfield I've bumped into him a couple of times in Tescos and had a chat. Priest used our local rehearsal rooms in Burntwood a few times too over the years. Never met Rob tho sadly.

I've not heard the album as a whole yet but I'm really impressed with the handful of tracks I have heard, gonna have to get it soon!
M11

Once, when JP was in town, some of my friends and I chatted with Ian Hill at the hotel where they were staying. He told us about how he ended up playing bass because when he was in primary school when it came time for music class, the only instruments left without any assigned players were the trumpet or the double bass. He was a really nice guy.

I gave Invincible Shield a listen yesterday. I'd say it's an enjoyable album, but there wasn't one song (other than Panic Attack) that really stuck out, for me at least.