Accept Recruits Joel Hoekstra

Here's a place for current news items that may be of interest to forumites.
Haffner

Re: Accept Recruits Joel Hoekstra

axe wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:42 am Wolf actually is the only guitarist on The Final Chapter live album.
It sounded empty to me although he played great on it.

axe 

Wolf crushed that album imo. 

Not a big fan of Hoekstra, but hey he's probably worthy.
Dinosaur David B

Haffner wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:37 pm
axe wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:42 am Wolf actually is the only guitarist on The Final Chapter live album.

Absolutely. 
FWIW, and for anyone who didn't know or forgot, the Marshall he used on The Final Chapter is the amp I own.  :mrgreen:

I still use that amp for most of my guitar solos, or when I really want that modded Marshall, more Metal than Rock grind rhythm. When I want a more stock, Plexi or 800 Marshall sound, I use the Fargen.

It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Dinosaur David B

It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Haffner

Dinosaur wrote:
Haffner wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:37 pm

Absolutely. 
FWIW, and for anyone who didn't know or forgot, the Marshall he used on The Final Chapter is the amp I own.  :mrgreen:

I still use that amp for most of my guitar solos, or when I really want that modded Marshall, more Metal than Rock grind rhythm. When I want a more stock, Plexi or 800 Marshall sound, I use the Fargen.

Incredible cool, lucky man Dave.
Duojett71

Dinosaur wrote:
veeman wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:14 pm Never did understand why they needed 3 guitar players, especially when Wolf is a ball hog and has stated a few time he prefers it to be just him.

I saw the three guitar lineup on the last tour. As with Gers in Iron Maiden, the 3rd guitar added nothing. The only time it sounded cool was hearing a 3rd harmony in the neoclassical break (lick) in Fast as a Shark. That wasn't enough to warrant another guy on the payroll, IMO. 

As for Wolf taking all the solos. It's his songs and his band at this point. That's his prerogative, and he's a far tastier player than even Fischer or Herman (IMO), much less these nobody sidemen he's working with now (Hoekstra notwithstanding). That said, each guy gets to take a solo live. 

Wolf is definitely one of the tastiest players of all time in his genre, but I wouldn’t say he was far tastier than Fischer and Herman. Those guys were close and were better all around players(which is saying a lot, because I hold Wolf in very high regard as a skilled player). Based on Fischer’s playing on the early Accept albums, and on the Billionaire Boys Club record, as well as Frank’s work with Victory and his first two solo albums….both guys are super tasteful, unique players who have an incredible sense of melody. 

As far as The Final Chapter live album is concerned….it was good, but would have been much better with 2 guitarists. ‘Staying A Life’ from the ‘Metal Heart’ tour was much better.
axe

Yeah Staying A Life is awesome.

axe