MR.BIG recording new (and last) album

Here's a place for current news items that may be of interest to forumites.
eduardoritos

MR.BIG recording new (and last) album

Mr. Big are announcing the recording of a new album, to say godbye after the Farewell Tour.

I have very good likes to the last two albums, after the reunion, with Pat Torpey still playing and composing songs.

Hope the best for that new one.

Dr Nick

Re: MR.BIG recording new (and last) album

I find Mr Big frustrating. The musicianship is phenomenal. Never been 100% on the songwriting. Some are good, some...not for me. 
Their first two albums are my favourites (although production of first one needs a bit of work), but since then they lost me. 

Sorry.
cvansickle

They're playing in Atlanta next month. I'm thinking about going.
eduardoritos

I have my ticket for Madrid, next march.

About the songs; they haven't the usual songwriting. Ie, Daddy, brother, lover, little boy: when the song usually should explode, MrBig cut the groove, and Eric tells the chorus with no music, kind of anticlimax in a good way.

For some reason, I like that way of songwriting, not so predictable.
merlo_zeppelin

Oh I love Mr Big's songs. Lots of pop influenced, or even Beatles influenced stuff, but with hard rock power and world class musicianship. Cool chord progressions, catchy melodies.
They have a lot variety also, super fast heavy songs like Daddy, Brother or Colorado Bulldog, poppy tunes like Green Tinted Sixties Mind or Take Cover, acoustic songs, power ballads, bluesier tunes, you got everything