Dino Dave: Musical memoirs of a would-be guitar hero

Drink will flow, blood will spill.
Here's where you discuss stuff that doesn't fall under the other topics. Doesn't even have to be music-related.
Haffner

Re: Dino Dave: Musical memoirs of a would-be guitar hero

I had to read more. Very interesting, Some Girls was my first Stones exposure, I was 11 and I went nuts over them, ended up scooping Beggar's Banquet and Sticky Fingers soon after and those albums are my absolute favorites by them. The Who I discovered through Who Are You and the rest was history.
Dinosaur David B

TravisW wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:12 am Just finished 10 and 11. Similar to my last set of comments, I didn't have any need to refresh my memory on my prior couple of reading sessions. This was interesting, in that it knit together the narrative that I'd followed during my first few years on the DRG forum and gave more in depth insight that probably filled in a few blanks. Did you happen to read through posts you made on DRG while you were writing that section? 

Yeah, definitely. So much of my recent music history was scattered all over different DRG threads. My original intent was to just unify all the relevant content in one place while I still remembered it. When I started doing that, I got the idea to write the whole memoir.

So yeah, I mined and rewrote a lot of content from the old threads. It helped with the timeline and some of the details that had gotten fuzzy. 

Of course, I never told the whole FEINTS - Behind the Music story before, and just how bad things got there. But now, 10 years, and another band/project later, I can finally write about FEINTS with a bit less vitriol -- still not easy. And a memoir is a more appropriate place to do that than a web forum.  FWIW, that fucking story is still not over. 
:obscene-hanged:

It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
TravisW

Yikes! It's kind of the thing with bands. They develop lives of their own and the core members can wind up dealing with personal, professional, financial, and sometimes physical aftermath for years after the band itself ended. 
Dr Nick

Caught up. Needed that - just had surgery on my left index finger, so no playing for at least a week until the main bandage comes off, then we'll see what I can do with sutures in place. 
Is the Feints stuff still out there? Glad you & Amy survived. Is she OK, BTW?

I can SO relate to the company band thing. 
After Covid, a colleague decided to do a "talent" night at a local venue for charity. So folks in my department decided to form a band, and begged me to get involved. 
Singer, drummer, keys, bass...me. 
OMG!!!!!!
Keys player is technically good, but has never played in a band and timing is all over the place. 
Singer is in tune, but sounds like she's speaking. 
Bass player is not bad.
Drummer very limited, rushes, and DROPS HIS STICKS. 
Wanted to bail after the first practice, but did the show. We went down well, but the drummer KEPT DROPPING HIS STICKS. 
My kids call them the sh*t band. 
Never again. 

Dinosaur David B

Dr wrote:Sat Jan 03, 1970 9:46 pm Is the Feints stuff still out there?

No. That's part of the ongoing issue. Amy basically erased all traces of it from the internet. She wants to reboot it as ONE album with only the best songs, with a proper release, but the years keep ticking by and it never seems to happen.  Her PR person wants to release it this year, but to say I'm skeptical is a huge understatement.
Dr wrote:Sat Jan 03, 1970 9:46 pm Glad you & Amy survived. Is she OK, BTW?

As and MD, you know better than most that after intestinal surgeries, you're never the same. She manages, but it was traumatic and life-changing on many levels.  Then, last year, she had another two, unrelated, rough surgeries requiring long recoveries that ate up most of 2023. She's been through personal hell, and we've been through hell as a couple, but things are much better now. We're hoping the worst is behind us.

It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.