Raw UFO

Use this forum to discuss specific rock guitar players, their music, their gear, etc.
axe

Raw UFO

No Heavy Petting.
The greatest UFO record before Nevison buried them beneath a wash of reverb.

axe
Dinosaur David B

Re: Raw UFO

I think it's my favorite of their studio albums.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Bent out of shape

Probably my least favourite, I love the reverby sound on obsession personally 
Stitsel

I love 'em all, Obsession for sure but sometimes I think No Heavy Petting is my fave too......lot of depth to that album: Belladonna, A Fool In Love, On With The Action.....all killer, but different tunes. Reasons Love, my fave...wow what a tune! Highway Lady, Can You Roll Her......classic UFO.

But....every Mad Mikey UFO was stone cold classic IMO, I loved the arty melodic hard rock they made back then.No one sounded like them and I love every UFO album really 'cuz of Mogg, but those Schenker albums were something special, and not just because of the obvious tunes...Rock Bottom/Doctor Doctor etc. There was a lot more to them than Only You Can Rock Me & Too Hot To Handle ( I love those tunes too ) . Deep cuts on Lights Out/Obsession & even Phenomenon & Force It are great.It's almost like No Heavy Petting is a whole album of deep cuts. 

Good stuff.
axe

Yes. The Schenker records are something special.
Let's face it: Without Schenker it was second rate.

axe 
Bent out of shape

Not as good certainly,  but lots of strong material on the tonka albums.  Folk tend to cite the wild, willing.....my favourite is zmaking contact.  Amazing opening thrust of blinded by a lie/Diesel in the dust,  and not a bad tune thereafter until the last one.
Stitsel

I agree on this too, I personally dig all the UFO albums, the Lawrence Archer one is great, as well the Vinnie Moore era. Even the few Mogg solo albums I have are pretty killer, both George Bellas & Jeff Kollman are great players. I too love the reverby sound on Obsession..... it adds to the atsmosphere of that LP.
Tatosh Guitar

Inspired by this thread I gave it a spin this weekend, and goddamn what an amazing album this is.

That said, I love every single one of the classic UFO - Schenker era albums. Sure, I love Strangers in the Night more, but that is to be held against the rest.

While listening to it, I started to think that I might probably love every note Mad Mikey has ever played...
moody ghostnote

Covenant, never really listened that much it when it came out. Fuck, I really like this, some really strong stuff. Production is not that great, but anyway.

Bent out of shape

Covenant has its moments,  walk on water for me is up there with their best.