Traveling to the UK in early December

Drink will flow, blood will spill.
Here's where you discuss stuff that doesn't fall under the other topics. Doesn't even have to be music-related.
M11

Traveling to the UK in early December

After a work-related trip to the Canary Islands, I'll take a few days to visit the UK. I'll be flying into London on Nov. 27 and will leave on Dec. 9. I'll be spending most of my time in London, but I'll also spend a few days visiting family in Buxton, Derbyshire, and I plan to visit Edinburgh for a day or two. I'll be glad to if any Dino bros in the UK want to meet for a pint. Also, I'm open to suggestions on what to see and do in the places above. 8-)

Dinosaur David B

Re: Traveling to the UK in early December

Walk the music stores on Denmark st. Even if you don't buy anything (I just got T-shirts), they're very historic. 
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Tatosh Guitar

My one regret when I visited London was not going to Abbey Road. I can't believe I missed that one.

Also, if time allows, I would definitely try to go to Birmingham. The birthplace of Heavy Metal. 8-)

Dinosaur David B

Tatosh wrote:Sat Jan 03, 1970 9:32 pm My one regret when I visited London was not going to Abbey Road. I can't believe I missed that one.

All you can do at Abbey Road is walk the crosswalk. They don't let you in. 

I always camp out in front of Jimmy Page's house for a half hour in hopes he'll show up. Haven't been lucky yet.  :(

Dr Nick

Hi - I'm in Sheffield, not too far from Buxton. If you know when you'll be there, I'll see if I can sort something. 

It'd be very cool to meet a fellow Dino. 
eduardoritos

If I knew your tryp, I could have arranged myself going to UK and meet, but now, the off days on my office are alredy asinged.

If you go to Scotland, maybe you can meet the two forumites in Kilmarnock (not next to Edinbourg, but not far).
M11

Dr wrote:Sat Jan 03, 1970 9:32 pm Hi - I'm in Sheffield, not too far from Buxton. If you know when you'll be there, I'll see if I can sort something. 

I should be in the Derbyshire area between Dec. 1 and Dec. 4. On Dec. 2 (Saturday), I might go to Anfield to watch Liverpool vs Fulham, so on Sunday and Monday, I should be available. I can bring pisco!

M11

eduardoritos wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:32 am If I knew your tryp, I could have arranged myself going to UK and meet, but now, the off days on my office are alredy asinged.

If you go to Scotland, maybe you can meet the two forumites in Kilmarnock (not next to Edinbourg, but not far).

I'll be in Madrid from Dec. 9 to 11 before heading home, just in case!
Dr Nick

M11 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:41 pm
Dr wrote:Sat Jan 03, 1970 9:32 pm Hi - I'm in Sheffield, not too far from Buxton. If you know when you'll be there, I'll see if I can sort something. 

I should be in the Derbyshire area between Dec. 1 and Dec. 4. On Dec. 2 (Saturday), I might go to Anfield to watch Liverpool vs Fulham, so on Sunday and Monday, I should be available. I can bring pisco!

I think Sunday afternoon should work. Should be pretty simple to drive to Buxton from Sheffield. 

Last edited by Dr Nick on Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dinosaur David B

If two or three of you can meet in London, (or maybe even the Manchester/Sheffield area), I'd consider popping over. I know Chris Howles is in Lichfield.