Migrating to analog.

This is the forum for discussion and questions regarding Amplifiers, yours, or someone elses.
eduardoritos

Migrating to analog.

Hello!

After years using the Boss GT8 as main tone source, in the process of mixing my last album (and after years of youtubeing That Pedal Show vlog) I've discovered that is not that dificult achieving a good tone from pedals.

So I tried my Quilter 200 wt as a regular amp, with the line-guitar control, and using a Lovepedal Purple Plexy cheap clone I get some years ago, along with the Nux Horseman (Klone's clone, used to shape the tone of the guitars on the recording), with some delay and mod mini pedals and oh-la-la, what a tone. It's far better than the Boss and, anyway, the reason to go digital (having many effect at hand) isn't a reason anymore, because I use less and less effects.

I buyed another clon (because trying things at full price is expensive) of the Lovepedal Amp 11 (the Nux Amp Turbo). It's kind of a Plexy + booster, two in one, for only 20 €.

I have to "eat my words" (as said in spanish) because after years of talking about digital pedalboards, I'm going analog and simple.  The case is: if you are one sound guy, you don't need so much. Three or four pedals and a good guitar.
bourbonsamurai

Re: Migrating to analog.

eduardoritos wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:24 am Hello!

After years using the Boss GT8 as main tone source, in the process of mixing my last album (and after years of youtubeing That Pedal Show vlog) I've discovered that is not that dificult achieving a good tone from pedals.

So I tried my Quilter 200 wt as a regular amp, with the line-guitar control, and using a Lovepedal Purple Plexy cheap clone I get some years ago, along with the Nux Horseman (Klone's clone, used to shape the tone of the guitars on the recording), with some delay and mod mini pedals and oh-la-la, what a tone. It's far better than the Boss and, anyway, the reason to go digital (having many effect at hand) isn't a reason anymore, because I use less and less effects.

I buyed another clon (because trying things at full price is expensive) of the Lovepedal Amp 11 (the Nux Amp Turbo). It's kind of a Plexy + booster, two in one, for only 20 €.

I have to "eat my words" (as said in spanish) because after years of talking about digital pedalboards, I'm going analog and simple.  The case is: if you are one sound guy, you don't need so much. Three or four pedals and a good guitar.

judging from the clips youve posted previously here, you certainly know from good guitar tone.  i hope to hear your new sound, and tasty chops, here again soon.
eduardoritos

bourbonsamurai wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:57 am

judging from the clips youve posted previously here, you certainly know from good guitar tone.  i hope to hear your new sound, and tasty chops, here again soon.

I think it's a "live sound" thing; the punch of bass frecuencies from the 4x12 was missing; when recorded, the sound it's  good, but the same thing live, lacks the body and presence of a big guitar sound.
TravisW

eduardoritos wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:36 am
bourbonsamurai wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:57 am

I think it's a "live sound" thing; the punch of bass frecuencies from the 4x12 was missing; when recorded, the sound it's  good, but the same thing live, lacks the body and presence of a big guitar sound.

Once upon a time, in about 2000, I tried that with a Gen 1 POD. It took about 3 gigs to be back to big speakers. Your guitar sounds have been way better than what I had, but I can understand wanting to push air live. It might not even change what goes through the PA that much, but even the feeling of that speaker blowing at you changes how playing feels.