Bruce Dickinson's The Mandrake Project

Here's a place for current news items that may be of interest to forumites.
TravisW

Re: Bruce Dickinson's The Mandrake Project

So here's song number one. At first, I didn't quite know what to think. I listened through a second time and still didn't know what to think. I enjoyed it, but it didn't quite grab me like the late 90's stuff....or so I thought. I stepped away and started cooking supper, and while cooking I realized that I was singing the chorus under my breath (with the wrong words, naturally). Maybe I was a little underwhelmed by the solo, thought the vocals could have been a bit higher in the mix, and kind of wondered about the bridge (not just lyrically, is the bridge literally broken?). 

But then I was still singing that chorus. So then it's automatically something like an 8 out of 10. I'm not going to talk myself out of enjoying it because I don't instantly rank it as high as the Chemical Wedding after 25 years of loving that record. 
Dinosaur David B

I dig it!
:music-deathmetal:

Anything with Bruce and Roy I'm going to enjoy more than the last 35 years of Maiden.

It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
TravisW

It got its hooks in me. Now I've listened to it 4 times this evening and like it better every time. I wouldn't say it's a grower - it was right there right away, but I like it better with repeated listens. To me, that's the difference between it and the latest Maiden (esp disk 2) - this doesn't need repeated listens for me to enjoy it, it gets repeated listens because I enjoy it. 

Dinosaur David B

I don't believe it's gonna be better than the other Roy Z albums, but I believe it will be good.  :music-deathmetal:

Also, gotta say the latest single, Rain on the Graves is better without the video (IMO). 
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Dr Nick

Got it ordered - better production than the past few Maiden releases would be a good start. And Roy Z can play. Feeling optimistic.