New amp suggestions pls!

This is the forum for discussion and questions regarding Amplifiers, yours, or someone elses.
Dinosaur David B

Re: New amp suggestions pls!

Bennt wrote: Thanks Dave, 58....so weight definitely a consideration,, as is space in our smallish apartment!

Aside from the portability, I love having the modularity of two 1x12 cabs.  Think of all the new mini amps there are these days for under $300. Friedmann, Soldano (which I have), Diezel -- all in this mini size. Then there are all the low-watt, lunchbox heads I love. 

Having separate cabs lets me keep a pretty sizable amp farm in an NYC apartment where (if I gig) I can run anything from Wolf Hoffmann's monster stereo Marshall, down to my newest Brian May Vox 50 watt amp the size of an apple, and everything in between. Together in stereo, or singularly in mono. And every time something new and cool comes along, I can try it because I don't have to get a combo version with a large footprint. 

I'd say get yourself a GOOD 1x12 cube cab (not the bigger ones). Bogner, Friedmann, Mesa. (Of these, the Mesa is the least, Marshall-like cab, but I've used them and they're fine).

Don't cheap out on the cab. This approach only works if you invest in long-term quality. DO that and it opens you up to a world of different amp options including Amp1. 

It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Stitsel

It seems those EVH 1X12s are pretty nice....I know Wolf digs his! 
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-08-12 at 5.10.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-12 at 5.10.00 PM.png (3.36 MiB) Viewed 536 times
Screen Shot 2023-08-12 at 5.09.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-12 at 5.09.43 PM.png (3.41 MiB) Viewed 536 times
bourbonsamurai

for yr stated budget, id be all over the dsl40cr.  they fixed the shitty speaker and useless, clicky red channel from the previous dsl40c.  this amp is a real winner.  on the used market, youre not going to beat a used 5150 212, or 6505 112 combo, and youll come in WAAY under budget with either. you gotta spend some bogner, soldano, friedman etc money to beat either one of these.  if youre going to go daves suggested head/cab route, the bogner is the way to go for a 112.  for a 212, nothing but nothing beats a mesa horizontal recto.  those cabinets are bad as FUCK.  theyll kick the shit out of most any 412 marshall you can get for sane money, and they sound great for most any genre, not just metal.
Bent out of shape

Thanks all for the suggestions, tried bluguutar amp one and the Marshall DSL 40 yesterday at Anderton, Guildford. ,  both impressive but reverb was broken on latter which I may otherwise have gone for. Gonna stick with engl 50w for next gig and see how that goes, still v usable at present, just reverb that's broken. Not having much luck with that function at the moment!