this restaurant has swallowed me whole

A pressure-free environment where members can discuss any NON-Dino players and music without having their heads bitten off by the angry Dinos. IF YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT DINO MUSIC, DON'T COME HERE.
bourbonsamurai

this restaurant has swallowed me whole

hey all!  i am not dead, ive just dropped out of all social media, and everything else that doesnt involve cooking or sleeping.  i even quit booze and women last year.  i dont even have a working cellphone anymore which has been uexpectedly liberating and fantastic.  trying to be a pro line cook at a high level has become an all consuming thing for me right now, and i just cant with the distractions, etc..  im still at Tujague's, cuz they keep throwing money at me, lol.  i hope you are all well and happy!

Dinosaur David B

Re: this restaurant has swallowed me whole

Keep at it.  :handgestures-thumbupleft:

These things will still be around for you once you've achieved your goal.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Tatosh Guitar

Boy, can I relate...

I have been working like a dog, to paraphrase John and Paul, for 6 months now, and if anything it seems I am only getting busier. I have a big office now with a hell of a view, and I am making more money than I ever had in my entire life. I am also traveling both by land and plane quite a bit.

But at the same time, I don't play guitar, aside of grabbing it on the way and playing a couple chords before moving to something else. Because there is always something to do.

I also don't watch TV, or movies, or go out except for children related stuff. Social media is used for business reasons, for the most part, and I have probably only had a couple beers in the last month or so.

I find it kinda weird, to be honest, that I don't really miss TV or anything like that. There was a time that would have been unthinkable. I am actually dreaming work related things these days.

Luckily, the two guys working for me are Metalheads. And since their office is right next to mine, I can actually hear their speakers. So Crue, Metallica, Maiden and GnR are an everyday thing here, with a little gem sandwiched here and there, like an Alcatrazz song that just finished. Otherwise I am not sure I would even listen to music, these days.

Don't get me wrong. I know people who would kill for this job. Envy is an everyday thing. I know people have talked. So I better keep this pace, for as long as I can.

Bytor

I wake up in the morning not knowing what day it is most times and not fucking caring. :music-deathmetal:

This coming after working every day of the year.. Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving, birthdays, anniversaries, etc etc for years and years...... So, no, I don't know what day it is for a brief period of time when I wake up at 6 am and I'll never apologize for it..

I earned that shit

bourbonsamurai

Bytor wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:27 pm I wake up in the morning not knowing what day it is most times and not fucking caring. :music-deathmetal:

This coming after working every day of the year.. Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving, birthdays, anniversaries, etc etc for years and years...... So, no, I don't know what day it is for a brief period of time when I wake up at 6 am and I'll never apologize for it..

I earned that shit

bruh, i feel this.  before covid killed my company in 2020, i hadnt had a day off in 3-1/2 straight years.  when youre at the top, theres nobody to hand over ones duties and responsibilities to.  fuck that shit.  if im gonna be a slave, im gonna choose my masters more carefully from here on out..
cvansickle

Glad to see you back. You wee always very prolific on Facebook, and then you disappeared. I was worried you met with foul play in the Big Easy!
bourbonsamurai

cvansickle wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:13 pm Glad to see you back. You wee always very prolific on Facebook, and then you disappeared. I was worried you met with foul play in the Big Easy!

this did indeed happen somewhat.  i got robbed by pistol, and that was my phone and wallet, gone.  while i was in the process of replacing items, i noticed quickly how nice it was to not have those distractions of constant email, text, media, etc.  so i elected to stay dark.  a great move, in retrospect.
Bytor

bourbonsamurai wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:36 am
Bytor wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:27 pm I wake up in the morning not knowing what day it is most times and not fucking caring. :music-deathmetal:

I earned that shit

bruh, i feel this.  before covid killed my company in 2020, i hadnt had a day off in 3-1/2 straight years.  when youre at the top, theres nobody to hand over ones duties and responsibilities to.  fuck that shit.  if im gonna be a slave, im gonna choose my masters more carefully from here on out..

I worked every day of the year for almost 10 yrs. I owned the business and it was open 24/7 so I had to. The morning after the sale closing and giving all the keys to the new owner was so surreal. Waking up with nothing to do but sip my coffee and read the news was so bizarre. Now, I really enjoy it..

bourbonsamurai

Dinosaur wrote: Keep at it.  :handgestures-thumbupleft:

These things will still be around for you once you've achieved your goal.

yeah you rite Dave.  i tell ya what though, im looking forward to a bit of a slowdown this summer.  sitting on my ass, playing zz top, bad co, and thin lizzy tunes sounds like a glorious way to waste the next few months.  lol