Another NGD… I Needed Something Other Than A Bunch Of Les Pauls

This is the place for discussing guitars, stuff like woods, and tone-related issues. Discuss guitar techniques in the separate forum.
Gunner4Life

Another NGD… I Needed Something Other Than A Bunch Of Les Pauls

Just got it today, haven’t plugged it in yet cause my “mother-in-law” is over for a week up from Georgia, and is occupying the room my guitar stuff is in.

I wonder what it sounds like, I had to get something different, she said they all look alike.
IMG_9778.jpeg
IMG_9778.jpeg (2.28 MiB) Viewed 1756 times

IMG_9779.jpeg
IMG_9779.jpeg (1.61 MiB) Viewed 1756 times

eduardoritos

Re: Another NGD… I Needed Something Other Than A Bunch Of Les Pauls

It's like "all asian looks alike"; every LP style are similar, but that one looks killer, and I feel so it sounds.
Gunner4Life

eduardoritos wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:42 am It's like "all asian looks alike"; every LP style are similar, but that one looks killer, and I feel so it sounds.

This isn’t Asian though lol
Gunner4Life

Immediately, the Duncan 59 in the bridge is coming out, it sounds too much like my R8’s, low output, even the Slash Les Paul has fairly low output pickups. I might put a JB I have laying around in it, or I might put Super Distortions in.
cvansickle

You know the drill - Congrats, and play it in good health!
Gunner4Life

cvansickle wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:20 pm You know the drill - Congrats, and play it in good health!

Thanks, I got in trouble for this one… She was mad lmao. Don’t tell me to get it already if I’m gonna get it, cause I’ll get it.
Stitsel

Aren't Heritage's made by the old crew of Gibson, Kalamazoo or something....? And built like how they used to be built, as in....higher QC ? 

Anyways, nice looking LP.

Rock it hard brother.
Gunner4Life

Stitsel wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:15 pm Aren't Heritage's made by the old crew of Gibson, Kalamazoo or something....? And built like how they used to be built, as in....higher QC ?

Anyways, nice looking LP.

Rock it hard brother.

Yes, and no. The guys who founded the company are long gone, I believe they all died. 

Regarding quality, they are more on par with the Gibson custom shop, than the USA stuff… Low production, largely hand made, and done so by actual luthiers. It’s definitely better than any USA Les Paul Standard or Traditional I’ve owned, which weren’t shit guitars by any means. It’s easy to say headstock doesn’t matter to you when you own Gibson Les Paul’s, if I didn’t own a Gibson I probably would have opted for the Les Paul Classic that I was eyeing with this.

By all accounts though, their customer service is apparently absolute shit.
Stitsel

So, I'm no Les Paul expert, at all. I was always a Strat/V guy ( still am ) & dabbled in SG's & other exotica.Owned plenty of Super Strats etc. It's weird, these days I'm more & more drawn to nice LP's, and SG's too. I'm willing to give them a try anyways. I'm even willing  -GULP- to look at PRS'S, I seem to dig some of their guitars.But the price. Anyhow, I take your word on it regarding your new axe vs. regular Gibson's. I think the whole "quality over quantity" thing definitely matters, and I'm always happy to see people going for one of those companies supposedly better axes.Hearing their customer service nightmare BS is not good though. Could be, they're just stretched too thin, living on a dream...a noble one, but maybe not enough people care, which makes it hard on them.Who knows, but if not, steer clear huh. I know thrash metal master Alex Skolnick was playing them but he moved over to ESP.They make nice stuff, but that's another conversation. Getting past the headstock, I'd say go with it & enjoy!!
Gunner4Life

Skolnick left partly because of customer service, even artists have issues with it. A lot of company’s have shit customer service, Warmoth, Kiesel, come to mind, Gibson isn’t great either. I’ve never had to deal with any company’s customer service, so it’s not something that will keep me from buying… Until it is.