Aerosmith Peace Out, Farewell Tour

Here's a place for current news items that may be of interest to forumites.
cvansickle

Aerosmith Peace Out, Farewell Tour

So Aerosmith is doing the farewell tour this year. Looks like they are going to take the money and run. Tickets went on sale today and the prices would make Taylor Swift hold Aerosmith's beer!

The Atlanta show is on my birthday. I tried to get tickets but the online demand was incredible! My wife suggested another city, and I ended up getting tickets for the Charlotte show three days later and those were reasonable (by comparison). Charlotte is about four hours from Atlanta, straight up I-85, so my wife and I get a mid-week road trip!

I know they are old and the performance is probably going to be a shadow of their former glory. Nevertheless, it's for my birthday and this is likely to be historic.
Bytor

Re: Aerosmith Peace Out, Farewell Tour

Ticket prices have gotten obscene. What we paid for Eagles tickets for a show a few weeks ago was stupid. But the wife wanted to see them again..

I don't believe Aerosmith is retiring any more than Kiss or Motley Crue
Stitsel

I saw 'em back in the Done With Mirrors tour, believe me we all thought they were done for sure.........Tyler collapsed onstage during opening number Back In The Saddle & I specifically remember Perry lounging on the drum riser, long smoke hanging out of his mouth, with a churlish, sarcastic look on his face while the security dudes were trying to lift Tyler back up to life ( he was like a lifeless jellyfish for about 10 seconds ) , then they looked at each other, counted to 3, & threw him back onstage...whereupon, he jumped back to life like nothing had happened. Incredible. This was '84-'85 or something. 

So to me, Tyler's  always been one half of The Toxic Twins.I'm surprised he's chosen to be around this long.....it's not like the guy doesn't have $$ or whatever. 

But, whatever. I love old Aero, up to about Rock In A Hard Place. After that, they kinda lost me. Or I lost them, not sure which.I just hated their popular "MTV Bullshit" phase & never really looked back, & it's a shame, because they were a bone-fide American hard rock institution. 

For the record, Whitford wipes the floor with Perry's ass, too. 

FWIW. 

Dinosaur David B

Trying to think who leads the league in Farewell tours. I think it's Cher, followed by Ozzy. Maybe Aerosmith is 3rd.

I don't believe ANYONE who says this shit.  :snooty:

It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Bytor

The only band I can remember keeping their word about a farewell tour is the one band I wish hadn't kept their word...

RUSH

merlo_zeppelin

Saw them in '07 and '13. Killed it every time. Real pros and they weren't too old yet. 
I don't think Tyler does it for the money. Dude loves to be on stage. They're gonna carry his dead body out of his last show.
Kinda sad that Joey Kramer isn't playing, killer groove, major part of their sound.
eduardoritos

I was in the eat the rich tour show. 
killer. 

Enough. 
Bytor

I heard today Kix is throwing in the towel in Sept as well.