Any thoughts on the new Metallica album?

Drink will flow, blood will spill.
Here's where you discuss stuff that doesn't fall under the other topics. Doesn't even have to be music-related.
Dinosaur David B

Re: Any thoughts on the new Metallica album?

The other artist who got a HUGE boost from it was Kate Bush. Her song Running up that Hill re charted 40 years later, hit #1 (I think) and stayed there for a minute.

Thant said, I thought Stranger Things jumped the shark in season 1. 
Every cord/cable is a cunt.
Dr Nick

Stitsel wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:45 am Ok....really stupid question: what is Stranger Things ? Yeah, I guess it's some kind of TV show or something....? I'll admit, I pretty much tune pop culture out ( as I have for the last, mmmmm 40 yrs or so ....) & I don't watch any TV.No Netflix, no nothing. So I'm kinda stumped as to all the hoopla. Ok, I don't hang out in a cave, I have Amazon Prime & watch movies etc., but these new TV shows are just kinda lost on me. 

Netflix series, started with the "there's something in the woods and folks/kids are vanishing" thing, and coincidentally there's some sort of scientific research facility nearby. 
Throw in a parallel universe, mind powers, monsters and a LOT of '80's pop culture. And Winona Ryder. 
Lasted 4 seasons so far, 5th one coming. 
Duojett71

The new album is decent. I think the last album 'Hardwired...' was more interesting....but both albums have a similar feel. Overall I like the previous album better. Still not on the level of Master, Ride or Justice.....but they will never be that band again.
bourbonsamurai

Dr wrote:Sat Jan 03, 1970 9:21 pm
Stitsel wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:45 am Ok....really stupid question: what is Stranger Things ? Yeah, I guess it's some kind of TV show or something....? I'll admit, I pretty much tune pop culture out ( as I have for the last, mmmmm 40 yrs or so ....) & I don't watch any TV.No Netflix, no nothing. So I'm kinda stumped as to all the hoopla. Ok, I don't hang out in a cave, I have Amazon Prime & watch movies etc., but these new TV shows are just kinda lost on me. 

Netflix series, started with the "there's something in the woods and folks/kids are vanishing" thing, and coincidentally there's some sort of scientific research facility nearby. 
Throw in a parallel universe, mind powers, monsters and a LOT of '80's pop culture. And Winona Ryder. 
Lasted 4 seasons so far, 5th one coming. 

this is my favorte tv series since deadwood
Duojett71

Stranger Things is a lot of fun....I have enjoyed every season. In the last 5 or so years my 3 favorite shows have been 'Ozark', 'Better Call Saul' and 'Stranger Things'. I have enjoyed them all equally.
Stitsel

Just watched that, really cool...it's amazing what these kids do, even the choreographed moves in sync with the music.....
I like how they segued from Nothing Else Matters into Enter Sandman, it got kinda jazzy! Those tunes really have stood the test of time & are testament to Metallica's songwriting prowess, just brilliant stuff really. Is that a keytar next to the bass drum...?! Ha....looks like the kid next to the keytarist was playing an SG perhaps, cool. I sent a vote their way, but it looks like the competition is fierce! I don't have time to watch all those other HS's, it's cool Metallica is sponsoring/promoting this competition.It seems like they're actually doing a lot of philanthropic work these days, which is great. 

On another note regarding this original thread......

The new 72 Season's LP has grown on me tremendously, I take back some of my previous comments. I don't know; it's just me probably.....it seems like gone are the days when something just hits me over the head immediately & I'm like "Holy F!!Wow!!" ....well, it's rare anyways. Some things just take repeated listens & time to process to truly cement into your psyche, ya know? I might've been comparing it to whatever, even their last one "Hardwired,,,To Self Destruct" (which I really dig....) but it's it's own thing for sure. Some great songwriting & great playing. They're still doing new things & it's obvious the creativity is still there. I'm happy to see they're soldiering on & I think I need to score a ticket to see them later next year in my neck of the woods.I haven't seen them since the late 90s, but I saw them several times back in the day & hooo boy those shows were intense & killer. Then I saw several shows on the Black Album mammoth 5 yr touring cycle before they even came out with Load/ReLoad..... it's all one big blur for sure. 

Anyways, it's time to see them again & I get pumped up just YTing various latter day full shows, they still deliver.