Enough is Enough

Most of us are doing home recording. Here's a place to talk about it.
Bytor

Enough is Enough

I've had it with fighting my Widows based dedicated studio machine. :angry-banghead:

I ordered an Apple 2023 Mac Mini Desktop Computer M2 Pro..

I dread downloading everything I have in my Win7 machine to the Mac and I REALLY dread the learning curve but I am hoping this just MAY save my sanity..

Ahh, who am I kidding? :teasing-tease:

Dinosaur David B

Re: Enough is Enough

In your shoes, I'd draw a line in the sand. Old stuff stays on the Windows system. Do new stuff on the Mac. There's probably not a lot of value in migrating everything over, except maybe your plug-ins if you have a lot of stuff you bought and use.  Good luck!
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
axe

Congrats. Macs are the way to go.

axe 
Bytor

Dinosaur wrote: In your shoes, I'd draw a line in the sand. Old stuff stays on the Windows system. Do new stuff on the Mac. There's probably not a lot of value in migrating everything over, except maybe your plug-ins if you have a lot of stuff you bought and use.  Good luck!

I probably didn't explain well enough.

I plan to leave the old machine exactly as is.

I will populate the Mac with new DLs from the vendors in Mac format. I spent a lot of time prior to pulling the trigger on this researching as many things as I could for Mac DLs on their respective sites in my accounts. The nice thing I guess is that the M2 Pro has an HDMI out that I can pop into the new 43" and bounce back and forth thru out the set up and load in process. I think this is a long overdue move and hopefully will be well worth the time, and expense..
Cheaper than a Bass boat too :music-deathmetal:

Bytor

Holy crap.. Apparently Ventura 13 isn't musician friendly