Bark at the Moon - Isolated Guitar - Jake E Lee

Most of us are doing home recording. Here's a place to talk about it.
Dinosaur David B

Bark at the Moon - Isolated Guitar - Jake E Lee

Just as fucking stunning as you always knew it was.  :bow-blue:

It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Vandenberg

Re: Bark at the Moon - Isolated Guitar - Jake E Lee

Total Monster, so accurate, still my fave Ozzy player and one of my all time fave players to. Really Enjoyed that, might just be the motivation I need to get my ass back at it.
Haffner

He was so great. I started playing guitar a little under a year after this came out and at the time Iommi, Rhoads, Jake, Campbell, Tipton/Downing, Gary Moore...those guys were superheroes to me.

I think one of the most vile business dealings in music history has to be the victimization of what Jake accomplished with Osbourne. To this day I have massive resentment that they fired him...basically for nothing, Jake had played his best on Ultimate Sin in my opinion and was right up there with the top guns of the day.

I like Zakk today, but I was years getting over his replacing the man I felt was by far the better player.

axe

Gotta agree with you there. Jake is a far better player than Zack.
But Randy is still my favorite Ozzy player.

axe 
Dinosaur David B

I would contend Zakk wrote better songs for Ozzy than Jake did. Beyond that, it's kind of a wash for me. Love em both for different reasons.
Dr Nick

Dinosaur wrote: I would contend Zakk wrote better songs for Ozzy than Jake did. Beyond that, it's kind of a wash for me. Love em both for different reasons.

I've never really given NRFTW a try. BATM was my first exposure to Ozzy, so love most of it. Thought TUS was let down by production. And really like NMT. On the songwriting front, I just find them different, sometimes patchy, but sometimes Oh YES!!!

Dinosaur David B

Dr wrote:Sat Jan 03, 1970 9:13 pm
Dinosaur wrote: I would contend Zakk wrote better songs for Ozzy than Jake did. Beyond that, it's kind of a wash for me. Love em both for different reasons.

I've never really given NRFTW a try. BATM was my first exposure to Ozzy, so love most of it. Thought TUS was let down by production. And really like NMT. On the songwriting front, I just find them different, sometimes patchy, but sometimes Oh YES!!!

I liked the songs on BATM better than on TUS. But the production of the guitar sound -- swimming in flange on every track -- on Bark doesn't hold up for me all these decades later. I remember Jake saying something like, "we dialed up one tone, and they made me use it for every track on the album."  I think Max Norman must have been doing Ozzy's drugs at the time.  :lol:  Because he got GREAT guitar sounds around the same period on Black Tiger and Thunder in the East around the same.  Probably was a matter of time is money in the studio, and tick-tock tick-tock.

Thankfully, they didn't do that on TUS. That was Ron Nevison.

I'm not as into the first record with Zakk. But NMT and Ozzmosis are both excellent in all aspects.