Gary Moore official biography

Got a great new Dinosaur Rock CD, DVD or book? Get screwed on a shitty one? Let us know so we can check out the good and avoid the bad. Post your reviews here.
Bent out of shape

Gary Moore official biography

Hi all,  released 27th September,  can't wait!. One chapter already serialised in Classic Rock magazine in the UK.  Looks good but held off reading pemding the full book version. 
Tatosh Guitar

Re: Gary Moore official biography

Sounds like a must read for everyone on this forums. Looking forward to it...
Bent out of shape

Hoping for indepth analysis of the Corridors /Victims  82-84 era
Bent out of shape

The imminent release of the biography has catapulted me back to this vintage period, must dig out the Guitar Player feature fior example,. What I'm  also reflecting on is there is no full concert release from the period. 

I was fortunate to see  Gary at Glasgow and Castle Donington,  Monsters of Rock in 1984, so aware of the full setlist from the period,  We want moore is a decent summary but didn open with Murder in the skies.

Iim sure we d all love to see full sets from eg Glasgow,  Detroit and Tokyo released in full. Many other bands seemed to have managed to do this retrospectively.  
Any thoughts?

Dinosaur David B

Bent wrote: Iim sure we d all love to see full sets from eg Glasgow, Detroit and Tokyo released in full. Many other bands seemed to have managed to do this retrospectively.
Any thoughts?

Gary disavowed those years when he became a BLUES guitarist.  :puke-huge:
 He could have released all those shows on DVD at anytime after 1990 (I had most of them on VHS -- and they weren't easy to get at the time in a pre-internet era). One would think the GM estate might have some monitory motivation to make them digitally available (over Gary's dead body, as it were), but they're all available on YouTube now anyway, so it's hard to imagine anyone buying them. They may have missed the money window for making it worth the effort.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Dinosaur David B

Just picked up the biography on Kindle.  I'll review it when I'm done with it.
Baddstuff

hard rock Gary is my guy. Anyone that follows me on facebook knows this. I got the book as soon as it came out and I'm about 1/4 of the way thru it. Going to take me a while
to finish it as I don't read at home. So far I've enjoyed what I've read. Chomping at the bit to get to Gary's hard rock glory years. I was blessed to see Gary twice in his hard
rock heyday, including the Victims of The Future tour. 
Bent out of shape

I saw a copy in Amoeba music, San Francisco on the weekend, looks fab but gonna wait to get in uk w exchange rate.
Dr Nick

My family are asking for a "Christmas list". Wonder if I should put this on it. 
Dinosaur David B

Dr wrote:Sat Jan 03, 1970 9:02 pm My family are asking for a "Christmas list". Wonder if I should put this on it. 

My full review is coming soon. But I'd say if you love GM, you definitely want to read this.