Anyone want my guitar mags from the 80s?

Where old threads go to die.
Dinosaur David B

Anyone want my guitar mags from the 80s?

Glory years of GW, GFTPM, and a few others.

I'll give them to you for free if you pay the shipping -- which could be pricey even in the US -- they weigh a lot en masse. But it seems like a shame to trash them. So many of you weren't around in those years. Loads of great interviews of all the Dinos when they were doing their best work. And most of that shit has never been put online.

Please let me know ASAP.  One way or another, they've got to go. I'd rather one of you got to enjoy them.

It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Tatosh Guitar

Re: Anyone want my guitar mags from the 80s?

Wow. I want these Soooooo bad. But as you said, the shipping might be a thing. 

i can have them sent into the US, no problem. The question is of course the shipping.
Dinosaur David B

If I can ship them in the US via UPS, it might cost $50 - $150.  Still don't know how you'd get them home, though. You wouldn't be able to take it on a plane.

Might be able to DHL it to Mexico. I have them in a plastic tub right now and it's probably over 20 lbs. I'll get a weight on it and see if I can get a price quote online.

Send me your address.

Haffner

Dinosaur wrote: If I can ship them in the US via UPS, it might cost $50 - $150.  Still don't know how you'd get them home, though. You wouldn't be able to take it on a plane.

Might be able to DHL it to Mexico. I have them in a plastic tub right now and it's probably over 20 lbs. I'll get a weight on it and see if I can get a price quote online.

Send me your address.

Whoa! Are these still available??!!!!
merlo_zeppelin

Dinosaur wrote: Glory years of GW, GFTPM, and a few others.

I'll give them to you for free if you pay the shipping -- which could be pricey even in the US -- they weigh a lot en masse. But it seems like a shame to trash them. So many of you weren't around in those years. Loads of great interviews of all the Dinos when they were doing their best work. And most of that shit has never been put online.

Please let me know ASAP.  One way or another, they've got to go. I'd rather one of you got to enjoy them.

Maybe we can pool money to have them scanned and  make it available to all in pdf format? Just a thought. I love those old magazines,  I have a few myself, but the shipping to Argentina would kill me.

Dinosaur David B

Haffner wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:58 pm Whoa! Are these still available??!!!!

Santiago asked first, so they're going to him.  :confusion-shrug:

Tatosh Guitar

I guess that like Han, I shot first...  8-)

merlo_zeppelin wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:08 amMaybe we can pool money to have them scanned and make it available to all in pdf format?

Now that's inspired thinking... I have a scanner (I am a Graphic Designer after all) but according to DDave, there is enough stuff here for years of reading. Scanning all of these would take a lot of time... I will have to think about this. Everybody in this forum deserves access to all this material... 
Dinosaur David B

Tatosh wrote:Sat Jan 03, 1970 8:57 pm I guess that like Han, I shot first...  8-)
merlo_zeppelin wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:08 amMaybe we can pool money to have them scanned and make it available to all in pdf format?

Now that's inspired thinking... I have a scanner (I am a Graphic Designer after all) but according to DDave, there is enough stuff here for years of reading. Scanning all of these would take a lot of time... I will have to think about this. Everybody in this forum deserves access to all this material... 

Yeah. The magazines, all together, weighed 70lbs  :laughing-rolling:
Damn near killed me getting them out of the attic. Had to use a furniture mover to get them into the post office. In the rain. 

It would be great if Santiago wants to scan SOME of the best articles from the best guys, but it would still be a big task.

There's probably like 5 or so interviews over the years with Gary. Probably similar with Schenker. But the bigger name guys like EVH there's tons. He was on the cover of probably a quarter of those mags.  You'd have to be very selective. I'd say as you go through, if you find any real gems, go for it.  

I will say SOME of the info has made it online. So I'd Google it to see if it's there already before you bother.

Tatosh Guitar

Dinosaur wrote:

It would be great if Santiago wants to scan SOME of the best articles from the best guys, but it would still be a big task.

There's probably like 5 or so interviews over the years with Gary. Probably similar with Schenker. But the bigger name guys like EVH there's tons. He was on the cover of probably a quarter of those mags.  You'd have to be very selective. I'd say as you go through, if you find any real gems, go for it.  

I will say SOME of the info has made it online. So I'd Google it to see if it's there already before you bother.

Yeah, that's probably the most realistic approach, isn't it?

Then again, the few I have from that era... damn, even the ads were cool. Front to back goodness.

I guess I will wait to see the interest here. If enough people care for this stuff, I will see what I can do. Like when I posted Uli's teaching Sails of Charon a few years ago... 

Haffner

Dinosaur wrote:
Haffner wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:58 pm Whoa! Are these still available??!!!!

Santiago asked first, so they're going to him.  :confusion-shrug:

Santiago is a good man, they're going to the perfect place.