Steve Grimmett, Grim Reaper Singer, Dead at 62

I'm getting better! No, you're not -- you'll be stone dead in a moment.
bourbonsamurai

Re: Steve Grimmett, Grim Reaper Singer, Dead at 62

Dinosaur wrote:
Tatosh wrote:Sat Jan 03, 1970 8:55 pm he seems to be a very average player. Not bad, but not amazing either.

Exactly. An average Dino player. He's had great gigs, though. He was even doing Lick Library lesson videos a while back. The Sweetwater UK gig probably lets him pay his bills with his guitar, and raises his profile -- the way Wildwood really made Greg Koch. But Koch is (still) a gigging musician who tours in multiple projects, puts out albums, and does seminars (while still collecting a Wildwood check). I don't know that Bowcutt has any interest in doing that stuff, or just having a more manageable life clocking in and out. 

for me, Dave, its the "great gigs" part that really matters!  its a very, very few great players that are also in great bands.  people will want my head on a stick for this, but id rather listen to nick in grim reaper than any of vai or satrianis corny wheedleympics.  i think one jessie ed davis, brian robertson or nick bowcott is worth a hundred of those types.
Stitsel

Re: Steve Grimmett, Grim Reaper Singer, Dead at 62

That's a shame, Grim Reaper was kinda big in my HS years too, they even got regular airplay in my neck of the woods.The dudes voice just screamed 80s metal. Seems his health wasn't too good these last few years but he soldiered on regardless. 

I too met Bowcott when I met Jim Marshall way back when...he was a part of the staff, working for Marshall. He asked me what size T I wore, and handed me a rolled up Marshall T shirt, which Jim signed, and I still have to this day. I still have his business card too, tucked away inside my DP Machine Head  25th Anniversary CD .......he was super cool and told me if I have any problems with my amp, to shoot him an e-mail.That felt good.

Anyways, RIP Steve