losing a mentor

A pressure-free environment where members can discuss any NON-Dino players and music without having their heads bitten off by the angry Dinos. IF YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT DINO MUSIC, DON'T COME HERE.
bourbonsamurai

losing a mentor

awhile back, the chef de cuisine at Tujague's resigned.  he's one of the toughest bosses i've ever had, but he's the sort of person that makes you better.  there was no task in the kitchen he couldn't do better than any of us.  he struck a balance between tough, fair, and helpful, that is very hard to attain in a professional setting.  we're friends outside of work, and we still talk a lot, but i definitely miss his professional influence.  then, i broke my leg, and i had a few weeks of doing nothing, to do some deep thinking.  there's definitely an expiration date on one's professional reputation.  people retire, cycle in and out of the business, etc.  it occurred to me that in a couple years, maybe nobody in town will remember me.  so, i'm stepping back into management, starting this weekend.  a friend of mine, that's been trying to hire me for years, bought a couple new places, and he made me an offer i could not ignore.  also, he gave me full control of the kitchens and menus.  that was the last straw, in terms of my ability to resist.  lol  hopefully i can be a good mentor to others, the way Chef Jason has been for me.  i'll keep y'all updated, and post menus and whatnot, as the situation evolves.

merlo_zeppelin

Re: losing a mentor

That's great news,  I'm sure you'll enjoy this new role.
eduardoritos

I'm wainting your menus info, because I like the way you explain your cooking job.

Hope I can go to NOLA soon.
Dinosaur David B

Congrats! 
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Duojett71

That’s awesome Cary…you are going to kick ass…
cvansickle

Congrats, Cary! I look forward to your new stories on FB!
M11

Congratulations! I'm also looking forward to your menus and, hopefully, take a trip to NOLA soon and try the food.