The Beatles - Get Back - discussion.

A pressure-free environment where members can discuss any NON-Dino players and music without having their heads bitten off by the angry Dinos. IF YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT DINO MUSIC, DON'T COME HERE.
pprovost

I haven't seen this yet, but I plan on watching it during the Christmas holidays.

I remember seeing the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show when I was a wee one. I wasn't very old, but even then watching them is still burned into my memory. It was a life-changing moment for me, even at that young age. We didn't have a record player at home, so the only places I would be able to hear them was on the radio, or on the jukebox at the local restaurant. It wasn't until I was 12 or 13 that I got a turntable for Christmas. I remember spending some of the first money I made on my newspaper route on Sgt. Pepper, Revolver, and I think Abbey Road. I remember when they broke up, it left everyone devastated. They were such a dominant musical force in the 1960s that is was hard for people to grasp what music would be like without them. More on that in a bit.

I remember all through the 1970s, every time any of them were interviewed in any of the music magazines (usually John or Paul), they would be asked if they were talking to each other and if Beatles would ever get back together again. They always said no. However, in 78 or 79, things started to lighten up between John and Paul a bit. Maybe time and success as individual artists had healed the wounds somewhat. I think Paul said that he had talked to John a couple of times, which gave us fans hope of an eventual reunion.

I will never forget when John got shot on Dec 8, 1980. Everyone was in shock. Not only was one of the greatest talents in rock music taken from us, but it also slammed the book shut on any possible hope of the Beatles reforming. The group that dominated the 1960s was gone, never to be again.

The other part of what made that the week from musical hell was that, after losing Bonzo in September, Led Zeppelin announced on Dec 4, 1980 that the band was no more. The group that dominated the 1970s musical landscape to the same extent that the Beatles had done the decade prior, was gone. The giants of two eras were gone in 4 days.
Dr Nick

It's on my to-watch list, that's for sure.

I grew up on classical music, thanks to my mother, but then when I was 12 she suddenly got copies of the red and blue compilation albums, and I was totally hooked. Played them constantly, and it was just when I started to pick up the guitar, so I began working out sections of songs. Cry Baby Cry was one in particular, I LOVED the descending lines.
Dinosaur David B

Re: The Beatles - Get Back - discussion.

Watching this for the 4th time, FF-ing through the nonsense, and just focusing on them making music. And it still just destroys me.  :crying-blue:

It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.