DRG Sweden Meetup/Roundtable

Here's a place for site and forum-related news and interactive forum-realted activities.
Dinosaur David B

OK. Here it is.

Warning
: These video clips contain excessive, mindless, guitar wanking. After some fairly excessive drinking.

Last edited by Dinosaur David B on Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Nick Layton

I love listening to you guys...would be a blast to hang out. Thx for answering my question and for the nice compliments...much appreciated. I really was more curious about how you all would answer the question. For me it's all about self expression and making music I love. Rock on!
TravisW

This is already great and I just started. I just wanted to comment on the matter of popularity of heavy rock in Europe/Japan vs. the USA. I noticed the difference in attitudes when I was in college, grunge had been the most recent big thing, and really all other forms of heavy rock were passe'. Americans who were musicians tended to hold on to the music they liked. Americans who weren't tended to follow the trends. Among my friends from Europe and Japan, the distinction between musicians and non-musicians wasn't the same, and a non-musician was as likely to have Toto and Whitesnake in the same collection with the latest Smashing Pumpkins as a musician was. I think there's more openness to valuing things that aren't new and youth driven (not just musically).
Haffner

SO killer, LOVED the playing!!!!!!!!!
Tatosh Guitar

Still working on watching this. So cool to hear my name mentioned hehe.

the playing is off-the-scale cool. You guys were ripping it.
TravisW

I got through the whole works. First off, thanks for filming and editing that! It was fun to be a fly on the wall for the conversation and jamming. Secondly, this is giving me a little kick in the ass to at least try and finish something again. I'd been trying to get rolling with a live original hard rock thing earlier this year, and eventually may make some movement on that, but between figuring out what the local gigging landscape even is now and some personal matters I've really had a hard time maintaining motivation. I just need to string together enough days where I actually want to work on the same thing, and that's where I've really struggled in the past year.
Dr Nick

Still working through the vids, but keep smiling as you guys chat and play. Thank you for doing this. Definitely going to re-watch bits of this again. Liked the discussion revolving around Dokken, for example.

BTW my son's recently acquired a black & white Epiphone explorer, loves it to bits.
Tatosh Guitar

Re: DRG Sweden Meetup/Roundtable

Somehow, I missed the last video, and just managed to watch it.

It seems you guys had a lot of fun, which of course it's the important part.

I also was quite impressed by your jamming. Wow... This was excellent playing and of course, great tone. What amps / plug ins did you guys use?

There are a lot of memorable things that have happened on this site over the years. The alchemy profiles we wrote are of course good stuff (and I really need to re work mine, but that's the tale for another thread). I thought you guys were gonna bring up the retooling of the Stars song from years ago...

I honestly hope I can be on the next one...
Dinosaur David B

Tatosh Guitar wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:35 pm
I also was quite impressed by your jamming. Wow... This was excellent playing and of course, great tone. What amps / plug ins did you guys use?
Yeah, and Andy wouldn't even play!
We were plugged into his AI using some freeware plug in he has. And it sounds better in the context of the video than it did in the room. Not that it wasn't fine in the room, but just sort of generic. Nothing as interesting or inspiring as a tube amp. Surprised it came out as well as it did, given the amount of drink consumed before and during. :lol: :obscene-drinkingdrunk:
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
MAdX

I'm very late to the party but I just wanted to chime in that I really enjoyed watching all 5 videos.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to give more credit to Dave for what an invaluable resource DRG has been for myself and many others who started out playing guitar in the internet age before there was Youtube as we now know it. Not to mention all the great music and players I have discovered. My guitar playing journey would have been very different had it not been for this place.