DRG Needs a Web developer again

Where old threads go to die.
Dinosaur David B

Hey folks, we need to upgrade DRG before the end of the year when much of what we're running will no longer be supported. We need to support PHP 7.3 or later. At the same time we need to update the site software (Drupal) and probably change the forum software from Vanilla to phpBB.

Do any of you know anyone good and trustworthy before I go fishing offshore?
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Tatosh Guitar

I think some of us do work like that. Mario comes to mind, but I won't speak for him. Let me know if you can't find anyone, I know plenty of guys who do that.
Dinosaur David B

That would be great. I'd rather have someone who is a DRG member, or is referred by a DRG member if at all possible.

M11

I do web and cloud-native development for a living and wouldn't mind helping out. :wink:

Dave, can you send me more details via email regarding the site's tech stack, hosting provider, databases, etc.?

Also, do we have a hard deadline for when we'd have to have the upgrade in place? Monday thru Friday, I'm pretty much slammed with the contractor work I'm doing for a client in the States, but I could devote time to this on the weekends.

Dinosaur David B

Hi Mario,

Let's you and me get on a zoom meeting this weekend and discuss it. Are you still at the gmail you used to be when we were doing the COVID meetups? What time on the weekend would be good for you?
M11

Dinosaur David B said:

Hi Mario,

Let's you and me get on a zoom meeting this weekend and discuss it. Are you still at the gmail you used to be when we were doing the COVID meetups? What time on the weekend would be good for you?

[/quote]
Yep! Same GMail. How about Saturday afternoon? 3, or maybe 4 PM? Right now, my timezone coincides with Eastern Time, so my times are the same for NYC.
Dinosaur David B

Sounds good. I'll firm it up with you as we get close.

Thanks!