Ben Higgins Guitar Greatness Unlocked - This is really NOT a bad deal from Ben Higgins

A place to discuss specific playing techniques.
Dinosaur David B

Ben Higgins Guitar Greatness Unlocked - This is really NOT a bad deal from Ben Higgins

You probably know Ben Higgins as one of YouTube's two GREAT teachers named Ben.

https://youtu.be/9lM-X0pR0JI

I bought a few of Ben's lessons before and they're really quite good. You typically get video, TAB, and backing tracks.

Here's he's doing a whole course on more than just the technical mechanics, but on the mental/mindset aspects of things as well. I know a lot of folks here have an I can't do mentality about at least SOME aspect of their playing. Some of you don't know how to do what you want to do, and some of you think that it's too late in life, and the ship on you progressing has probably sailed. I was certainly in that boat 5-6 years ago (and I was already over 50), but, with some guidance and determination, I was able to change, and progress. Even some of the best players here don't like their own playing that much, and some don't think they have anything of value to say on the instrument. I've always found that sad.

This course looks like it addresses some of those mental blocks. And that may be more valuable than a bunch of technique exercises, but you get those, too.

Ben asks:

Do you feel that running through exercises and working only on technique has sucked all the fun and enjoyment out of your guitar playing?

Do you have loads of great riff and solo ideas that never get recorded and end up forgotten and lost forever?

Do you imagine the most awesome licks, scale runs and phrases in your head but you never get around to actually bringing them to life through your guitar playing?

Do you feel that the one thing holding your guitar playing back is a real lack of creativity?

Ben's live interactive stuff has be pretty pricy, but right now, he's offering a lot for what is a more reasonable price.

Here's what you get and what it costs: https://guitargreatnessunlocked.com/

BTW, I'm getting nothing out of posting this here. I just thought this might be of some interest to the group. But I know Ben's paid lessons ARE legit-good. I am going to do this one myself. I'm pretty pleased with where I am at the moment, musically, but who knows where I'll need to go next?

There is a 14-day 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you're not digging it, you get a refund.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
eduardoritos

So good.

A good teacher is gold, and a good teacher do what you sais in your post, allowing people of understand how each one learn differently and find his/her own way. For me as former guitar teacher, this was the hardest part. Once discovered each alumn way to learn, the rest was way easier.

Dinosaur David B

Well I have started to course, and it's pretty fun stuff. Ben set up a FB page for those of us in the course to create a supportive community where he interacts with us. You video yourself doing the exercise and upload it for the group.

Everything in the course, including the instructions and downloadable materials is spelled out on his website. Included in the course was one of Ben's Badass Guitar Legends courses. I chose Michael Schenker (because of course I did!)

Course materials include written and video instructions, backing tracks, TAB in both GuitarPro and PDF format.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.