Best Reverb for High Gain Leads

A forum for discussing guitar effects.
bourbonsamurai

10 years ago i was using a Deluxe Reverb and a tweed Bassman. i used the spring reverb on the Deluxe, and two Boss DD-3s for the Bassman. for delay settings, it was either a slap, or 300-350ms delay, depending on which DD-3 i stepped on. i never turned the reverb off, but i did occasionally run the Bassman dry. it was not a high gain rig at all, but i think the setup would work for that
merlo_zeppelin

I love some plate reverb, together with some tape or analog delay.

Like Dave said, live is a totally different animal, rooms have their own reverb, so I find myself dialing it back when I play a gig
Andy G

For those that like spring reverb, I can recommend the Source Audio True Spring pedal. I was never a fan of simulated spring reverbs until I tried this one.
Joebuddha

I have recently fallen in love with the Earthquaker devices Dispatch Master which is a delay and reverb pedal.

These days my main house amp is my Silver face Bassman 50 which has no reverb so I use that straight into the front of the amp with a bunch of different drive pedals. I really love it, it works great in front of my Deluxe Reverb as well if I want a less surfy reverb sound.