Rob Halford, Confess

Got a great new Dinosaur Rock CD, DVD or book? Get screwed on a shitty one? Let us know so we can check out the good and avoid the bad. Post your reviews here.
Dinosaur David B

Rob Halford, Confess

It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Tatosh Guitar

Rob Halford, Confess

This is a must read for me. I am ordering this week.
Dr Nick

Rob Halford, Confess

Hoping someone gets it for me, otherwise I'm ordering it for my birthday.

Bruce's bio is probably the one I've enjoyed the most so far, but I have high hopes for this one.
Osky

Rob Halford, Confess

I just finished the book at the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. Dave's review pretty much sums it up. Priest are local heroes round here...Walsall is 7 miles down the road, Ian Hill lives in a village 5 mins drive away and I often see him in Lichfield (his car has the reg plate BASS GOD)... so with this and KK's book I can really visualise it as I know many of the places well. I enjoyed KK's story too but parts did come across as bitter or resentful whereas Rob's generally has a more positive vibe even when he was going through tough times...and there are plenty of them.

A top read...highly recommended!
Cyberattack

Rob Halford, Confess

Great review, and the book sounds really cool. What was the biggest surprise, when it comes to Rob Halford's assessment of his own records?
Dinosaur David B

Rob Halford, Confess

Stuff like saying he (and the band) didn't put enough work into Point of Entry to make it a worthy follow-up to British Steel, and that he was too out of it on Turbo, so that, too, got less than their best effort (though he claims that album grew on him over the years). And that in his solo stuff, he didn't want to repeat himself after the first Fight and Halford albums, so both of the follow-ups tanked, comparatively.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Dr Nick

Rob Halford, Confess

Working my way through it. I like the writing style, something that's often lacking in bios (KK's springs to mind). Got as far as Turbo.
Dr Nick

Rob Halford, Confess

Update: It's definitely a better read than KK Downing's book, better storytelling really.

A bit graphic in places, but his retrospective analysis of JP's albums is very honest, like Dino Dave said, and I must admit I had no idea about his solo stuff other than he'd worked with Roy Z. Which appears to be because he hoped that his success with Bruce Dickinson would be repeated. And I like how he talks about Richie Faulkner.

He clearly go on with Glenn better than KK did as well.

Worth getting.
eduardoritos

Rob Halford, Confess

And Russ Parish (Satchel).