DRG virtual hang-out: Sundays, 2PM EST MOVING TO ZOOM (instructions)

Where old threads go to die.
Dinosaur David B

Happy to meet up with folks over Zoom on a ad-hoc basis. If people want to do that, pm me. But I'm not gonna continually commit the middle of my Sunday afternoon when folks have largely stopped showing up.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Dr Nick

I'm sorry - I tried to join more frequently, but 7pm on a Sunday is when my wife tends to invite folks over, since regulations were eased over here.

It's a shame, I enjoyed our conversations, but I totally understand.

And I'm sure we'll speak again.

Keep safe everyone.

Duojett71

I had to work until 2pm last Sunday(as I do most Sundays now)...and immediately after that I had to move the rest of my things out of the house that I am vacating and into storage. The apartment I am renting will not be available until August 29th so I have to stay at my Mom's for a month....which is stressful because I work in a market, I am exposed to people everyday and my mother is 77 and is recovering from knee replacement surgery. When things calm down I would love to participate more in the Zoom chats....I had fun on the 3 that I attended.
cvansickle

Thanks for doing the hosting all these weeks, Dave. I enjoyed the few I attended and learned a thing or three.
Stitsel

Yeah, I'm sorry to hear it's turned out this way & I can totally understand your sentiments Dave.....I think we all appreciate the time you set aside to do this......& I think time itself is the big culprit here. I was always down for it, but with limited family time combined with some nice weather finally, well I had to make a choice.....but, I also totally enjoyed the 3-4 times I was able to do it & meet some of the others too. I propose we all keep tabs on this thread, and whenever it's personally viable, just drop a line stating so.If enough people do so, then we have an idea if it's worthwhile or not....heaven forbid I do just that, then something comes up, shit does happen, but it's not like me committing to this is a bottom-of-my-list priority wise or something; it's more that I live, eat, sleep & breathe Dino guitar, whereas family might be lucky to get a solid 8 hr chunk of my time & they are very important to me.

Just an idea.
MelodicGrit

I'd love to attend but being in Thailand I'm 11 hours behind so meetings are exactly in the middle of my sleep time at 3AM.