DRG virtual hang-out: Sundays, 2PM EST MOVING TO ZOOM (instructions)

Where old threads go to die.
Tatosh Guitar

So, I haven't been able to join for the last couple weeks. Big changes at work, new boss (my old friend is gone) and I am definitely not on steady waters. Been working from home like crazy. I have known the new boss for a long time now, more than ten years, and she is not an easy person to deal with. I am crossing my fingers but I am being really careful for the time being. Wish me luck!!

Dinosaur David B

No worries. People join and skip as they can. Pete wasn't always right: sometimes the new boss isn't the same as the old boss. Good luck.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Duojett71

I have been working the last couple Sundays....and taking care of my Mom after her knee surgery. If I am working a Sunday and get off around 2, I can catch the last half of the gathering. The last one I had technical difficulties with my Mac.....its to bogged down with junk and I need to overhaul it.....but I can do a Zoom chat just fine on my Ipad. I took my final post license Real Estate class using Zoom on my Ipad and worked like a charm.
Tatosh Guitar

Dinosaur David B said:

No worries. People join and skip as they can. Pete wasn't always right: sometimes the new boss isn't the same as the old boss. Good luck.

[/quote]

Thanks. My former boss is hard to top. I have known him for 30 years. He is one of my closest friends, and he hired me a couple years ago when he found out I was unemployed. He saved my neck, basically, and I will be eternally grateful of the fact that he was the first person to actually introduce me to hard rock and heavy metal when we were kids, by playing me my first Priest album. Scorpions, Maiden, etc soon followed. To this day we have astonishingly similar musical tastes, even if we didn't see each other all the years I lived in the states. We evolved in similar ways. His favorite guitar player is Uli, along with Schenker and the like.

This new one is quite well known locally as a royal pain in the ass. I know that first hand, as I had to deal with her years ago. She wasn't my boss then, but I worked in a place that had constant dealings with hers. I remember the headaches she caused me. I have had two meetings with her so far, and she seems, at first glance, to have mellowed with age. I really hope that's the case. Also, she doesn't seem to remember me, so that's a plus in my book.

Stitsel

Hey guys, sorry about just blipping in there for a few moments, wasn't trying to interrupt anything, more I was just trying to see how the Zoom app worked on my phone.I figured it out near the end there, but didn't want to just insert myself into the middle of an already-going conversation....it sounded like a good one tho.These past few weeks have been pretty busy for my family & I, so whenever the weather's nice in dreary WA state we try to take advantage of it.

Hopefully next week.
Tatosh Guitar

I wasn’t able to join today either, for quite different reasons than last week. My wife got ill last night, and has several COVID symptoms. Which of course kinda sucks. She is getting tested early tomorrow, and I am taking care of everything at home for the time being, including out infant daughter. It feels so surreal right now, I still don’t know how to feel. And She is of course very scared, so I am putting my best face. Wish us luck, please.
Stitsel

Hang in there brother, stay strong & be there for her.You're doing the right thing, little ones are a handful but you gotta do what you gotta do.Best wishes for your wife.
Dinosaur David B

Ugh. Good luck, Santiago.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Tatosh Guitar

Thanks Dave. She is getting tested at the hospital as I am typing this. I am still stuck home with our baby. I am really hoping for the best, as her condition improved during the night. What the doctor tells us is that, as she is a young woman, she could still have it and hardly notice it, but could be contagious to other people. I am way more vulnerable, in theory, cause I am older and male.

i’ll let you guys know as soon as I find out.
Andy G

Best of luck to you Santiago! Got my fingers crossed for you.