Covid-19 DRG virtual hang-out: Sundays, 2PM EST

Where old threads go to die.
cvansickle

Thanks Dave!
Stitsel

Anyone think of using this newfangled ZOOM thing ( idk, perhaps it's been around forever & is inferior, I tend not to keep up with the times tech wise, hence Dino....) or is Skype the better thing to use? I only ask because I haven't used Skype in forever (had practically forgotten about it actually) because of FaceTime on my iPhone.Simple to just push an APP button. Anyhow, just asking.
Dinosaur David B

It may be better in the Pro version, but not in the free version, and if you google "zoombombing," you'll see why we might be better off staying on Skype. Again, it's not perfect, but it has been working pretty well.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Stitsel

Cool, I honestly didn't really know. I just found out about ZOOM the other day actually, had to use it for my kids' school conference & it seemed to work ok.A bit grainy tho, but whatever.....I'll see what I have to do to get it set up on my Mac, & then I'd love to try & join in too, it'd be cool to actually communicate & meet some of you for real.This Sunday again, 2pm EST? That would be 11am PST for me, so I'll try & make it.

Up The Irons!

cvansickle

I've been using Zoom for work the past four weeks. I started a new job in March with a company that is based in CA, and I was supposed to be flying there frequently and to client locations for OJT. Instead, my days are one Zoom meeting after another. I'm thankful I'm working though, because I know too many people are not.
LerxstFan

My wife uses Zoom several times a week for her job and has zero issues. Other than a couple of moments though, Skype worked fine for me the other week.
Stitsel

Hmmmm, I thought I had it all downloaded correctly, it seemed to work the other day when I installed it on my computer.....tried to log on today for the call & was told I had been logged out for security reasons.Ok, tried to log back in & a "something went wrong" message appeared.... looks like I have some troubleshooting to do. I have a Mac, & this a Microsoft thing, could that be part of it? I don't know but I was looking forward to meeting everyone, will try again next week.Stay safe Dinos!
Dr Nick

Sorry guys, had to work all weekend.
Dinosaur David B

Zoom seems to work a little better. Perhaps we should try it.

It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
cvansickle

Just signed up for Zoom on my home PC. I'm ready either platform, Zoom or Skype.