Corona Virus, the Apocalypse, and DRG

Where old threads go to die.
Haffner

Dinosaur David B said:

For what it's worth, the earlier GK outtakes are funnier.

[/quote]DYING!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWt6RcOGkLs

inmyhands

I've never heard Helter Skelter played in a comedic way. Another first for Greg.

Oh ..... and as I mentioned earlier as to how I'm handling this world altering event ..... I've ordered a Dazatronyx Stereo Panning Optical Tremolo as well as a Free The Tone Stereo Tri-Avatar Multi- Dimensional Chorus. Tri as in Left, Right and Center control knobs. We all do what we gotta do. This is my method. Check them out below. Both examples are from Brett Kingman's YouTube channel. He does excellent equipment reviews. He doesn't mix a bunch of other stuff with the product he's reviewing. His focus is on the specific piece of equipment the video is about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qugn5q9vIFU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44zK9aDlI78

Haffner

Does anyone else wonder if Greg perhaps indulged in some hallucinatory chemicals and/or fungi at any point?

Wait...wouldn't that explain why he seems to be such a fungi? HA! Get it? Fungi, fun guy?

BWA!.....

….sorry :3

Haffner

Greg (vol. 3): "I saw a hoot owl this morning and thought: there's a hoot owl outside my window! Except...I was outside, so the hoot owl was basically...well, outside everywhere…"
Bent out of shape

Started new job 16th March, great timing....lol and currently working from home. Going ok, and catching up on lots of dino bootleg and videos on big screen you tube.

However, major problem today, my trusty Yamaha thr10x has packed in, the connection socket has become dislodged and wont fire up. S9, no physical stores open, online unclear...groan etc.....

So, considering options.

1. I'll dig out my blackstar HT 5R for now but I know I'm no longer satisfied with the options it offers at low volume.

2. Could order a replacement 10x, however more expensive now discontinued

3. Get some local electronics expert to repair the connection socket

4. Order a Spark, was wondering who had received and if any reviews yet?

5. Get you guys advice on non spark alternatives.

Any input appreciated!
Duojett71

Bent out of shape said:

Started new job 16th March, great timing....lol and currently working from home. Going ok, and catching up on lots of dino bootleg and videos on big screen you tube.

However, major problem today, my trusty Yamaha thr10x has packed in, the connection socket has become dislodged and wont fire up. S9, no physical stores open, online unclear...groan etc.....

[/quote]
When you say the connection socket is dislodged.....you mean the input power connection? Can you not just open up the amp and fix the connection? Could be just a simple rewire or solder.....Might be worth a try and will save you a few hundred bucks. Unless you are looking for an excuse to buy gear....which is totally understandable. ;)
Bytor

Agreed. Hardwired that bad boy ;)
Bent out of shape

Duojett71 said:

Bent out of shape said:

[/quote]
When you say the connection socket is dislodged.....you mean the input power connection? Can you not just open up the amp and fix the connection? Could be just a simple rewire or solder.....Might be worth a try and will save you a few hundred bucks. Unless you are looking for an excuse to buy gear....which is totally understandable. ;)

[/quote]
Yes, input power connection. Ha...maybe! Yes, definitely though I dont have those skills myself.

The HT-5R didn't sound too bad to be fair but miss the effects/hall reverb options for a bit of shredding!
Bent out of shape

Temporary solution - rechargeable batteries.....doh....forgot about that option!
bourbonsamurai

a few days ago, one of my longtime industry colleagues dropped off 6oz of fucking osetra caviar, a mess of fresh creme fraiche, and a bottle of Tattinger on my doorstep. restaurant is closed, and they had to clean out the pantry. i've been eating this shit like the complete degenerate that i am. this is over $1000 worth of caviar. it has a SHORT shelf life lol i have no choice but to eat it all, as quickly as possible. it's just ridiculous what's going on right now in the bar and restaurant business.