Corona Virus, the Apocalypse, and DRG

Where old threads go to die.
M11

Tatosh Guitar said:

i suposse I could spend the time catching on some shows or you know... play guitar (quite a novel concept, huh?)

[/quote]
That's exactly what I'm doing, playing guitar more than I ever did in the past couple of months. :lol:

Starting yesterday, each day I'm uploading a video to my Instagram where I play a Dino riff. I'm going through the alphabet picking a riff by a band that starts with the day's letter. Yesterday was "A" so I played Princess of the Dan by Accept. Today was "B" so I played The Mob Rules by Sabbath. Tomorrow it's C so Cream is the only Dino band that comes to mind...
Tatosh Guitar

M11 said:

Tatosh Guitar said:

i suposse I could spend the time catching on some shows or you know... play guitar (quite a novel concept, huh?)

[/quote]
That's exactly what I'm doing, playing guitar more than I ever did in the past couple of months. :lol:

Starting yesterday, each day I'm uploading a video to my Instagram where I play a Dino riff. I'm going through the alphabet picking a riff by a band that starts with the day's letter. Yesterday was "A" so I played Princess of the Dan by Accept. Today was "B" so I played The Mob Rules by Sabbath. Tomorrow it's C so Cream is the only Dino band that comes to mind...

[/quote]

Great idea. Maybe I should do something like that...

eduardoritos

Guays, Ill post this one only at DTG becausr, I think, youll like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGNmyDe0Fco

mr_crowley

M11 said:

Tatosh Guitar said:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Really cool idea! Nice playing as well :+1:

How do you like the Spark? Sounds good :)
yngwie666

Seven Moons said:

In France, almost everything is closed. Starting from today, you are just allowed to go out to buy food, go to see a doctor, to work if your job requires it (there are conditions), and to help your elderly (who are truly and rightfully scared).

The key issue is that all our recent governments have been hell bent on cutting corners on the public health system (as well as they're destroying other public services like education). I won't elaborate on the reasons, as I don't want to go political. In any case, our hospitals, as good and efficient as they still are, have been in permanent saturation for years. Of course the medics were protesting, but no one cared. And now arrives that unforeseen virus, and the lousy authorities realize, with fear, that a sudden afflux of sick people would make the system collapse, by putting it well beyond its capacity, with potentially a lot of collateral damage as there won't be a room for everyone. Worse, they've been discussing the thing in crisis unit for two months now, but basic equipment (masks, disinfectant) is still out of stock, and there have been no plans for field hospitals. Bunch of wankers. The parallel with the 1940 debacle is striking.

But don't expect lessons will be learned. Once the disease will be gone, mankind will start over, only stronger, meaner, more stupid.

End of rant...

[/quote]

I agree that they cut corners in health spending. But even in a notably "rich" country like Luxembourg were I work and from which I use the health system, I have been myself several time waiting in ER for many hours with my wife and son. And this is a country that pay the nurses and doctors very well (the health system financial balance is positive there).

However the world ( and not only France) were absolutely not prepared for this kind of situation. Imagine if they had enough mask and respirators and beds, they would simply still lack the required number of qualified people to handle all the sick people.

I've been locked down for 12 days now, working from home with my laptop. I only got out once last Friday at 1PM for groceries and the shelves were quite empty: few veggies, no milk, almost no meat, no pasta, no toilet paper...I'm going back tomorrow but this time at 8H30 AM. Here 86% of the ones who died from Covid-19 in the hospital are above 70 year old.

We organized a virtual "apero" (aperitif = drinks) with my some of my colleagues on Friday and with the family on Saturday and I think everybody enjoyed that ! They didn't decided yet how long this is going to be but 6 weeks or more seems like a possibility.

yngwie666

Stitsel said:

Got my guns & TP B)

[/quote]Just a question of time before someone shoots at a hoarder in Wallmart...

Seven Moons

yngwie666 said:

[/quote] I only got out once last Friday at 1PM for groceries and the shelves were quite empty: few veggies, no milk, almost no meat, no pasta, no toilet paper...I'm going back tomorrow but this time at 8H30 AM.

[/quote]
Same here, exactly. I'll be going next friday early in the morning.
Dinosaur David B

Watching old concerts to pass time. STILL can't watch Dio in any band without getting choked up. Gone 10 years. I guess I'm just never getting over it.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Stitsel

Yeah....wow....I can't really watch any Dio either, still.Can listen in spurts but that's about it. Can't really bring myself to listen to Rush much these days either.
Dinosaur David B

Weird. I can listen to Dio all I want. I just can't watch. Somehow, it's emotionally different seeing him there. Just undoes me.

It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.