Corona Virus, the Apocalypse, and DRG

Where old threads go to die.
Tatosh Guitar

That’s weird indeed. I saw the man live at least three times, and worship everything he did with Rainbow, Sabbath and the original Dio band, and while it pisses me off he is gone (and that I didn’t see him in the H&H reunion) I don’t seem to have a problem watching footage of him. A few weeks ago I watched a whole concert of him, Viv and company on the Sacred Heart tour and I felt awe and joy.

Now the Dio hologram, that pisses me off.
Jay G

For me it is basically business as usual as I have worked from home 90% of the time the past 10 years. My wife is also working from home but it is intermittent due to a recently diagnosed serious health issue. We are usually folks that shop and dine out very often but are now at home all the time. This situation along with the seriousness of her diagnosis have us re-evaluating what is truly important in life. I have been catching up on reading, cooking up a storm and just spending time together. We are in the midst of a bit of role reversal since my wife has been my primary caregiver for many years and now I am hers. Outside of the terribleness of her suffering and dealing with my own health challenges I have enjoyed this change and really have been invigorated lately with a new sense of energy in spite of lack of sleep.

Seven Moons

yngwie666 said:

[/quote]

However the world ( and not only France) were absolutely not prepared for this kind of situation. Imagine if they had enough mask and respirators and beds, they would simply still lack the required number of qualified people to handle all the sick people.

[/quote]
Still, anticipation and management make the difference. In my father's nursing home, the staff received their first masks this tuesday. Up to then, no protection. And none of them has been tested for the virus, although a lot have to take the bus on a daily basis to go to work. This is not serious. Similar examples are legion.

Some figures:

Italy - Pop. 60 million, 7500 deaths

France - Pop. 67 miillion, 1100 deaths

Germany - Pop. 83 million, 210 deaths

So, either the casualties are not counted in the same way, or the Germans must be doing things a lot better.

eduardoritos

Germans are counting in a more and accurate way.

People whos are death WITH covid19 diagonosed but with previous and serious to death illnesh are not counting as death BY covid19.

Two days ago, one of my older neighbours is deadt being 83 years old, and being ill after many years. Now, the virus give him the last shoot, but he was to pass not longer from now.

So, the count of C19 on German is more realistic about the actual numers (IMO).

Yesterday I was reading a paper about how that virus was known after long ago, but it was into the group of another viruses. After a year, w.h.o. started counting the cases of the C19 alone.

And yes, years of destraying money from people's care to ... what? has those consecuencies.

Dinosaur David B

eduardoritos said:

Germans are counting in a more and accurate way.

[/quote]
They've had a lot more practice counting bodies.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
eduardoritos

Youre a bad guy!

Here in Spain were more used to take corps buried with not much maths or cares.

So much black humour around.
MAdX

This is the suff we need in times like these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRvzMsHc6W0

Haffner

MAdX said:

This is the suff we need in times like these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRvzMsHc6W0

[/quote]I instantly worshipped this guy.

Dinosaur David B

For what it's worth, the earlier GK outtakes are funnier.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
eduardoritos

So this spanish med sais that italians and spaniars have generally have a specific gen that makes body react to covid in a more mortal way.

His team is trying some procedures because of that.

Video on spanish. Maybe usefull for Dr. Nick.

Attention, spanish people, the guy is andalusian, difficult to follow wath he speaks, even for me.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.eldia. ... 64354.html