Riffs you've never mastered

A place to discuss specific playing techniques.
Bent out of shape

I've still to learn the main Captain Nemo theme, only recently got on top of Doctor Doctor live version lol. Probably many others.....eg LA connection . How about everyone else?
Osky

I'm sure everyone else here can play this standing on one leg whilst drinking a pint blindfolded but for the life of me I can't get my fingers around the intro to Sweet Child O Mine.

Bent out of shape

Ha....struggle w that too!
M11

There are many, but off the top of my head, Finding My Way by Rush. I just can't get those pull-offs in correct time.
Agrippa

I still struggle with the "Take me Away" riff, by Buck Dharma and BOC, it´s the repeated G# Bb notes at the "end" of the riff I can´t get in rythm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2ZvIe7Iia8

Tatosh Guitar

I am afraid in my case the question should be "riffs you HAVE mastered". Easier and shorter answer...

Dr Nick

Not a specific riff, but I've seriously neglected the fast downstroke move - I tend to alternate pick instead, which for something like Number of the Beast, makes for interesting string skipping moments.
Tatosh Guitar

Dr Nick said:

Not a specific riff, but I've seriously neglected the fast downstroke move - I tend to alternate pick instead, which for something like Number of the Beast, makes for interesting string skipping moments.

[/quote]

I was better at playing that one when I was 20 than now. Getting the whole alternate thing going kinda screwed my downstrokes, and that kinda bugs me.

Also, like others in this thread, I don't think I have ever been fully able to play that opening link to Sweet Child Of Mine right. Mostly because I don't care for that song or GnR in general. But I feel I should be able to play it since everybody and their mamma does...Also, my wife is not familiar with 90% of the stuff I usually play, but that one she knows, and has commented aloud on how I can't play it, which pisses me cause she probably thinks I suck at guitar, period. To be fair, she is probably right anyway... :'(

M11

I should add that there's a lot of riffs that were recorded using nothing but down strokes/strums that I alternate pick/strum, otherwise it's a one way ticket to tendonitis. For example, the entire Ramones discography :lol:

Duojett71

Adrian's opening riff to "Back In The Village". I can't seem to get the picking pattern right.