Where old threads go to die.
Tatosh Guitar

http://bravewords.com/news/black-swan-dokken-whitesnake-msg-mr-big-members-join-forces-in-new-band

McCauley, Pilson, Beach and Starr. Lot’s of talent here.

Robin still sings great and Beach is a monster player, even if he isn’t exactly my cup of tea. Pilson is cool, I usually like everything he is involved in. Let’s wait for that single.
Dinosaur David B

Black Swan was a terrible movie. But they're probably named after one a zillion pubs in the UK.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
LerxstFan

I hear "supergroup" these days and almost without hesitation ignore it totally. I like Robin's voice, so I might give this one a chance though.

Duojett71

....because the world needed another band that starts with the word Black....

It has my attention though. All quality musicians....especially Reb Beach. Great player. I always liked what McAuley did with Schenker and Pilson is always good to have in any band.

Someone needs to tell Matt Starr to lose that stupid looking mustache or whatever the hell that is....

Seven Moons

Clearly another Frontiers records random supergroup... you don't even need to listen to it to know how it will sound. I avoid that kind of stuff like the plague.
MelodicGrit

McCauley sounds great on the latest Schenker releases, hasn't lost a thing since the 80s even live. Beach's playing doesn't do much for me except for Dokken's Erase the Slate. Might be worth listening to, but I'm with Seven Moons in thinking that if it has the "Frontiers" sound to it, I'll have to pass.
Dr Nick

I'll give it a listen - songwriting is where these things fall down, too many of them sound the same.

The last REALLY good thing that came out of a collaboration (IMO) was the first "Allen/Lande" album. They've done more, but not as good. Presumably they have a load of songwriters that churn out stuff that sounds the same (Eurovision reject material). They occasionally strike gold (the first Place Vendome album, maybe Starbreaker), but got to wade through a lot of crap to find it.

Joebuddha

I have to say that when I went to Schenkerpalooza a few years ago McCauley was by far the stand out guy out of all the singers. His voice was in so much better shape than any of the other singers that I went and checked out the McCauley Schenker stuff and I like it. I have wondered since then what he was doing so I'll probably check this out. I loved Reb on the first Winger album but that was long time ago and I haven't kept up with his Dokken, Whitesnake stuff.

Dr Nick

Honestly? He saves his best stuff for WInger. I don't think they've made a bad album, although they're probably best when they just rock. They try and go experimental at times, which is hit and miss.

And the vocals are MUCH better from album 2 onwards (I gather he triple-tracked everything because he didn't feel confident in his voice to start with).
Tatosh Guitar

First single with video now available.

I like it at first listen. Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY9KR7mEz1k