Vote for the DRG Album of the year for 2019

Where old threads go to die.
Haffner

Seven Moons said:

I've heard 7 releases off this list, sometimes 2-3 songs, sometimes full albums, on YouTube or Bandcamp. I voted for The Mothercrow's "Magara", a lively -and lovely - album of hazy heavy blues and vintage hard rock. IMO what sets this album apart from many other acts in the very crowded "retro" niche, is the strong vocal character of the singer and the fine articulate guitar work of our own MadX (who was already a DRG member as a kid 10+ years ago). "Magara" even has great cover art.
Vandenberg said:

I voted, I admit it was for Whitesnake, did I buy it yes, do it think it was album of the year/ honestly I don't know, but i liked it and it was listed and I parted with cash for it, so hey... but 2019 was not a great year, but then that seems to be a recurring statement for metal music since...............

[/quote]

[s][/s]

[/quote]I'm going to have to give these a try, then. Lately I've been having trouble getting Melissa off my CD player, though....

Dr Nick

I've got 3 of 'em, and I might get the Starbreaker one, I quite liked the first one.
Snoogans

I don't think I've heard any of the stuff in the voting list! Maybe perhaps the occasional video that one of you guys have posted here. The only 2019 releases that I bought were by Devin Townsend and Borknagar, both with some great guitar work, but not Dino! Everything else was just catching up on old stuff.

Just realised that I never got round to picking up the last Morglbl album! That was released this year, and would have probably been my submission.

Official DRG Threadkiller
bourbonsamurai

Dinosaur David B said:

When we're down to less than 15 people voting the whole thing is pointless anyway.

[/quote]
it was a weird year, for me. no Firepower, or Infestation level stuff by the originals. no huge bomb like last year's The Sciences, by Sleep. nothing really grabbed me, in the Dino genre, or anything close to it.
cvansickle

Like I say every year, it's important to at least have the nominations. This way, each of us get to learn about stuff that may have been off our own radar.
Agrippa

Voted for riot city, since I couldn´t find my 2019 fave "real" DRG release, Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush at the Agora, on the list.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVt0i_3sp-I[/youtube]

Agrippa

Today I would also have nominated Atlantean Kodex - The Course of Empire

A great proggy doom album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVt0i_3sp-I

Dinosaur David B

I'm calling it. With pathetic turn out.

Whitesnake - Flesh and Blood
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.