DRG 20th Anniversary Get-together - VIDEO

Here's a place for site and forum-related news and interactive forum-realted activities.
Baddstuff

I had an absolute blast jamming with the guys from DRG. After years it felt good to get behind a kit again and just play. All the guys were excellent as players and as people. So glad I was invited to participate in this. So happy there are still dino players in this world!
Dr Nick

One day I hope to make it to one of these get togethers.

Will probably depend on my kids getting jobs and not sponging off me...and getting a guitar over the pond would be fun, but I'm sure it'd be worth it. Although as a non-drinker I'd be really boring.
Dinosaur David B

Dr Nick said:

Although as a non-drinker I'd be really boring.

[/quote]
Nah. It's really not like that. Yes, there was a lot of drink flowing and mother nature being inhaled by those who do so. And we had a great time. But Nelson doesn't drink either, and he had a blast regardless, and he was a total joy to meet and hang out with.

It's hard to articulate this adequately, but I'll try. Regardless of whether you do or don't partake in whatever, whenever we Dinos get together, we all LEGITIMATELY just enjoy each other's company, and the chance to MEET each other in person. I have experienced this over and over again. To laugh and discuss experiences we've shared online or in person.

There is a brotherhood and camaraderie here that always happens within minutes of meeting one of your Dino brothers you've been interacting with for years. And I've met more of you than anyone else here. I actively seek it out, and continue to do so because it's so rewarding.

The internet is a double-edged sword. It both gives and takes away. But every time I get to meet Dinos from DRG --that has always been the VERY BEST of what the internet has to offer.

Geography doesn't matter.
Whether it was Amy and I meeting Patrice or Vincent in France, or Alberto, Mario, or Janne Stark coming to meet us in the US -- whether you partake in drink or whatever, or not does NOT matter. In July, I spent an afternoon with Dan Autorino in London after not seeing or hearing from him in 5 years. No matter. We picked up right where we left off. But even domestically, Rich, Chuck, Rick, Mark, Art, Curt, Rob, and most obviously Jeb. We've become lifelong friends. And there's more of you I WILL meet in person before my life is over.

20 years into this website I can look at this thing with some perspective and say . . . nothing I've done in my professional life as a software tech writer has made any difference in anyone's life. No one's reading software instructions I wrote 20 years ago. But they're still reading Alchemy profiles and coming to the site. So over 20 years, DRG has provided me with my closest friends, AND MY WIFE. As such, it is unquestionably the most important thing I've ever done with my life. And it was all just a lark!

So Nick. Get yourself an iced tea or a Diet Coke and join the party. We'd all love to meet you.

It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Baddstuff

yeah Nick, my kidney disease prohibits me from drinking and I still had a great time with the guys. It's more about the music and the hang than drinking. No worries! :-)

Duojett71

Great video and the jam looked like a lot of fun. I was able to attend a DRG Jam in Maryland back around 2014. It was held at Kevin Brubaker's shop. It was a blast. Hope to attend another one in the future.

The Doug Aldrich/NAMM DRG moment was definitely one of my favorite DRG moments. Thanks for remembering that. I think that was 2010?

Props to Amy for the Zebra shirt....
eduardoritos

Proud of being part of DRG and yeah, ill meet the guy some day.

Hope Im a more prificent english speaker then.
Tatosh Guitar

eduardoritos said:

Proud of being part of DRG and yeah, ill meet the guy some day.

Hope Im a more prificent english speaker then.

[/quote]
With the way you play, who cares if you can speak english or not? I would gladly trade a good part of my english proficiency if I could play close to your skill level... ;)
mr_crowley

Didnt come around to watch this until now! Lots of fun :) Thanks!

Bummed I couldnt find the funds to make this happen for me but I am determined to get to hang out and jam with y'all one day <3
Nick Layton

Loved watching this! Few thoughts:

1) I gotta come and hang with you guys and gals for one of these get togethers!

2) Everybody sounded great and was good to hear the stories as well.

3) Dinosaur Dave has an excellent vibrato :-)

4) Joe's got serious chops.

5) Always great to hear from Amy...so well spoken and knowledgeable.

Looks like fun!
inmyhands

"Hope Im a more prificent english speaker then."

A nice thing to do but not really needed. Just show up late in the evening and neither Dave or Jeb will notice your English skills. ;) =)