Black Sabbath - Symptom of the Universe: Mick Wall.

Got a great new Dinosaur Rock CD, DVD or book? Get screwed on a shitty one? Let us know so we can check out the good and avoid the bad. Post your reviews here.
Dinosaur David B

Seven Moons said:

He seemed to be weak whenever Ozzy (or his wife) was involved.

[/quote]
And if someone in Sabbath had to be fired, Tony wouldn't do it. He always had someone else do his dirty work.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Bent out of shape

Dinosaur David B said:

Seven Moons said:

[/quote]
And if someone in Sabbath had to be fired, Tony wouldn't do it. He always had someone else do his dirty work.

[/quote]
Same w Blackmore.
Bent out of shape

Seven Moons said:

[/quote]
Well, he controlled and bullied ozzy until Sharon came along, so....payback
Dinosaur David B

Bent out of shape said:

Same w Blackmore.

[/quote]
Yep. Being a rock star means never having to do anything uncomfortable. But whereas Blackers has a long-standing rep as an asshole and doesn't get along with most, Iommi is always portrayed as one of the lads who gets along with everyone from Glenn Hughes to Brian May. It's like Ronnie Wood. The guys all love hanging with Woody. He's truly beloved by all the 60s/70s rock royalty. Woody was the life of the party. But ask the women of the era, and you'll get a different story. He treated women like shit.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Duojett71

The Mick Wall Sabbath book based on the description seems to have the same premise as Garry Sharpe-Young's book : 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath: The Battle For Black Sabbath'. That is a book on the history of Sabbath and also splits off into Ozzy's solo career. It's kind of a great reference book. I found myself skipping around to chapters and era's I was most interested in. I have the book and read much of it but have not read it cover to cover.

I still need to check out Mick Wall's book.
Dr Nick

Give it a go. I pick it up quite regularly, along with the Whitesnake one, the unofficial Yngwie bio, and Bob Daisley's book.

Those and the Michael Sweet book are the only "rock" bio's I've ever gone back to. Might re-read KK's book one day, but I didn't enjoy the writing style. And Glenn Hughes' book is utter garbage.