Black Sabbath - Symptom of the Universe: Mick Wall.

Got a great new Dinosaur Rock CD, DVD or book? Get screwed on a shitty one? Let us know so we can check out the good and avoid the bad. Post your reviews here.
Sancho

Whenever I see Malcolm Dome in a documentary or whatever, I want to take a brick to his smug horse face :eyetwitch:
Duojett71

Sancho wrote:
Whenever I see Malcolm Dome in a documentary or whatever, I want to take a brick to his smug horse face :eyetwitch:

:roll: dude I totally get it, but there is something about that dude that I like.....he is kind of smug but in a super nerdy way that is kind of comical and likable. I should dislike the guy but he is such a dork that I can't. He also sees things from the perspective of a fan and I like his enthusiasm when talking music. He really cracked my up on the Iron Maiden Classic albums series documentary about 'Number of The Beast'.....especially when talking about Adrian and Dave.
Bent out of shape

Mick wall claims Sharon bailed Tony out of that child maintenance situation in 1992., on the condition he sold his rights to the Sabbath name. If that's so how did he manage to still use it for Cross Purposes etc 93/94 onwards?
Bent out of shape

Must re read this as currently working through the Martin era albums, which totally passed me by at the time. Eternal idol down, kinda underwhelmed. Headless on now.....love it so far.
Dinosaur David B

Problem with all the Sabbath books I've read is that Tony consistently comes off rather weak of character.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Bent out of shape

Yes, except his own book lol, though to be fair he's quite self effacing
Haffner

Dinosaur David B said:

Problem with all the Sabbath books I've read is that Tony consistently comes off rather weak of character.

[/quote]I've been disappointed with Tony's behavior time and again (most recently and perhaps devastatingly with the Bill Ward situation...grrr). And this is especially a bummer considering he's probably my lifetime biggest influence from a lead guitar perspective (Blackmore, Schenker, and Uli came later).

But, considering how low Blackmore and Schenker have gone in the past I should be used to such questionable behavior I guess lol.

Bent out of shape

In other ways he's a very strong character, overcoming losing his finger tips, keeping the band going through thick and thin. Very determined.
Dinosaur David B

Bent out of shape said:

In other ways he's a very strong character, overcoming losing his finger tips, keeping the band going through thick and thin. Very determined.

[/quote]
Yep. Long as there was no dirty work to be done (firing people) or if we're not talking about holding the line against Sharon and Ozzy.

Anything easy, Tony was all over it.

As for overcoming losing his finger tips, what was his other option? Work in the steel mills for the rest of his life? IMO, that's a no choice choice.

It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Seven Moons

He seemed to be weak whenever Ozzy (or his wife) was involved.