New member. Long time lurker.

Introduce yourself to the Dino Rock Guitar Forum. Please mention how you found us!
Hint: you'll get a warmer reception if your first post isn't spam.
Tatosh Guitar

Hello. LOOOOOOOOONG time lurker here. I discovered this site around 2003 or 2004. Never joined but read the comments here all the time. At this point I feel I know some of you guys personally, haha. :roll:

Anyway here I am. 38 years old, been playing since I was 15 or 16. I should be way better than I am at this point. :sad2:

I discovered this music because everybody at my school was obsessed with Guns N' Roses and Metallica's Black album. I guess that was my intro but then I discovered Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and Scorpions. Then my life was forever changed. During the 90's I was the biggest power metal fan alive. I don't think there was a biggest Helloween fan in the world than me from 1994 to 1999... I actually hired them to play my hometown borrowing money from my mother in 2001 and gained nothing but grief for a few years after that. :doh:

I seem to enjoy older music as I grow older myself. In my teens I liked thrash and the usual metal stuff from the 80's, but that all changed as I worked my way backwards. Purple and Rainbow, Thin Lizzy, UFO. These days I would much rather listen to Rainbow Raising than any of the speed stuff I worshiped in my formative years. :guitar:

I mostly play a Strat with a Humbucker in the bridge that I built a few years ago, although I also have an Explorer and a Charvel (both from the 80's). I own a couple of vintage Marshalls but I haven't used them in years, and instead use a small Fender combo with a few pedals in front. Not very dino, I know, but since I mostly play at home the half stacks are totally overkill.

My all time favorite players? Michael Schenker, Ritchie Blackmore, Gary Moore, John Sykes, Uli Jon Roth, Yngwie up until 1988, the Priest guys, the Maiden guys, Lynch, De Martini, Campbell, etc. You get the idea.

Anyway, I have rambled long enough. Nice to be here, guys. :ohyeah:

Dinosaur David B

Welcome, Santiago.

Where are you actually from?
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Skye

Welcome! :smile:
maybeyes

Welcome to The Best Forum I have belonged to. Looking forward to hearing you chime in on some of the discussions.
Tatosh Guitar

Dinosaur David B wrote:
Welcome, Santiago.

Where are you actually from?

Born and raised in Mexico. i lived in the good ol' US of A for five years, while attending college, but I return to my hometown after that.

Thanks for the warm welcome!!
mr_crowley

Welcome! :up: :up:
Seven Moons

Welcome!
Jay G

Welcome
Andy G