You Live Somewhere. If You Could ....... Somewhere Else?

Drink will flow, blood will spill.
Here's where you discuss stuff that doesn't fall under the other topics. Doesn't even have to be music-related.
jebbudda

I gotta agree with Breakfastime on New Orleans

Inspirational sums up NOLA for me too . Its my favorite city . If I had the opportunity to move there I'd seriously consider it . The musician community is thriving . I spoke to a guy on one of my visits after I saw him playing with his 5th band in a day . He plays ALL day four days a week . I was blown away how GOOD everybody was . These cats were making bank in the streets . I'm bringin' my travel acoustic this time . We leave in about three weeks . Hopefully I'll get to sit in somewhere in The French Quarter.

If I could rent my condo I'd be down there in a flash . I'm just SO set up here in Maryland . :cool: I'd really hate to fuck up a good thing after all the time I've spent establishing myself as a musician and being able to support myself . It would be really tough to give it up . I don't know how I tolerated working for Corporate America all those years . :%: I just wanna play all the time . :angel:
Donthegreek

Living in a small town in North Central Pennsylvania.

Lots of hills and lots of trees and lots of Deer. I'm used to the 4 seasons....3 months of winter/spring/summer/fall...I like the countryside, but I also like the hubbub of the city life.....Have to travel 45mins to get to the malls, movies or restaurants. But I like it.

Our claim to fame is the PA. Grand Canyon.

If I was to move...not sure where I'd go...been to Greece...love it there...also might like New Orleans/Montreal/San Francisco/New Zealand/London or who knows....

http://s3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/ ... astg/o.jpg

http://s3-media2.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/ ... z8VA/o.jpg
inmyhands

Gosh, Don. Why would you ever want to move? Those pictures are the nature I miss so very much.
otcconan

If I could, a remote village in the Andes in Peru. Been there once and long to go back.

ShoogliePeg

I live in a post industrial town in South West Scotland. Used to be full of industry like Johnnie Walker Whisky, Massey Ferguson, BMK Carpets (fitted in the Titanic) but mostly it's all gone now and the place is a bit grim. Still I'm proud of my town, it's six miles from the sea and 20 miles from a city Glasgow. Not the worst place in the world and there are some lovely places around.

I used to want to run a pub with rooms in the country, managed to run one in a town, lost my shirt, nearly lost my house and my sanity so really don't want to ever do that again.

If I were to move to a dream place it would be Italy, Tuscany in particular and hunt for truffles with my dog. Think someone already said Italy and it would be the same reasons for me, culture, food and slower pace of life and sometimes I prefer the company of my dog to people lol.
Dinosaur David B

Yeah, Italy would be good.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Dr Nick

otcconan wrote:
If I could, a remote village in the Andes in Peru. Been there once and long to go back.

Dude, I've lived in remote villages in the Peruvian Andes.

After a while, you start to miss things like flushing toilets, heating, showers and electricity.

And dust gets annoying after a while.

Food's good though.
Donthegreek

Gosh, Don. Why would you ever want to move? Those pictures are the nature I miss so very much.

Rick...I don't want to move....it's more of...if I was going to.... :biggrin2:
LerxstFan

There is a lot of country in PA that I miss since moving back to the southwest. I never got tired of it when I lived there. Beautiful country where you live Don.
Duojett71

merlo_zeppelin wrote:
My girlfriend and I are considering moving to either Canada or Australia.

Canada would be probably an easy place to move to. I would love to visit some places there....never really thought about moving there. Good luck trying to move to Australia. I researched that because I was interested and it apparently is next to impossible to immigrate to.

I would love to move to Ireland or Scotland or even somewhere like Holland or Germany. Holland supposedly has one of the best economies in the world. I would have to go somewhere where there is a good music scene, great food and great beer.

Not sure if moving out of the country is realistic for me....so I would say I would love to move either back to coastal North Carolina....preferably the Wilmington area where I used to live, or try the Pacific Northwest like Oregon or Seattle. I have always wanted to live in southern California for a little while....but don't see myself living out the rest of my life there.