Preview song for my band

A place to discuss songwriting. Yours, or someone elses.
Daniel_rsf

Preview song for my band

Hey guys... take a look at this little homemade preview for my song.

I already gathered the band, gonna count on them for making the lyrics, as this is not my strengh point.

The song has also advanced a little after I recorded that video, now it has a double guitars solo. But I'll show you guys when it is really done. My aim is to record an entire album as soon as I can.

For now, what do you think of the riffs and solos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2WqSjIwKr8
Dinosaur David B

Preview song for my band

Very nice! Sounds very Priest-inspired, and -- from what I can tell at this point, strong compositionally. I like it.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Daniel_rsf

Preview song for my band

Thank you David! Good to know you apreciated it, at least to the point it is right now. When the song is complete, I'll post at least a video of it being reharsed. But I want to record as soon as I can, and when it is done, I will put the song in this topic.
Seven Moons

Preview song for my band

Very nice indeed! :clap: I love that kind of riffing. I'll be waiting to hear the finished product.
inmyhands

Preview song for my band

I must say I really enjoyed the guitar work. I'm more of a '60s / '70s guy so not everything '80s works for me but your song preview worked beautifully. Edgy without making the common mistake of too much to the point of overload. You retained great note definition and clarity through out your performance.

The riff itself was very catchy. I keep listening when I remain interested. I listened from beginning to end.

While I agree with the Judas Priest influence I also think I hear a Randy Rhoads influence. Your creation fits very nicely in the 1980 + or - 3 year frame.

Very very well done!
Daniel_rsf

Preview song for my band

Seven Moons wrote:
Very nice indeed! :clap: I love that kind of riffing. I'll be waiting to hear the finished product.

Thank you!!! :metal:

I expect it will not take much time to happen. Also there are other songs being cooked as well.
Daniel_rsf

Preview song for my band

inmyhands wrote:
I must say I really enjoyed the guitar work. I'm more of a '60s / '70s guy so not everything '80s works for me but your song preview worked beautifully. Edgy without making the common mistake of too much to the point of overload. You retained great note definition and clarity through out your performance.

The riff itself was very catchy. I keep listening when I remain interested. I listened from beginning to end.

While I agree with the Judas Priest influence I also think I hear a Randy Rhoads influence. Your creation fits very nicely in the 1980 + or - 3 year frame.

Very very well done!

:mrhappy: Maaaan I don't know what to say... only that I will do my best to show you guys the best I could possibly make, want to make you guys proud.

You know, I have not been active in the forum, but I have been reading, specially the advices you guys give... DRG has added a lot to my influence list... and I kinda learned a lot from you guys, even not being that active. I listen more than I speak.

So, reading those feedback from you guys really do make a big difference for me, pushes me foward, make me know I am on the right path. Thank you very much!
Skye

Preview song for my band

Yea I like it a lot.

Cool riffs and the parts are interesting and melodic.

Definitely agree it has a JP vibe.

Well done! :shred:
mr_crowley

Preview song for my band

Sounds really cool man, I like it. Really catchy stuff :shred:

I agree the Judas Priest influence mentioned by others.

Keep it up :up: Looking forward to more of a "complete" version :smile:

maybeyes

Preview song for my band

Sounds good. I can hear a lot of other inflluences, not just Priest and it sounds good. Looking forward like so many others to the final product.