Preview song for my band

A place to discuss songwriting. Yours, or someone elses.
Mr Incredible

Preview song for my band

Dr Nick wrote:
Nice riffing! I'm a sucker for moving chord shapes with a chugged root note, so I'm definitely liking this.

Get the Priest vibe, and I'm also getting some Winger (riff reminds me a bit of the chorus from "Hangin' On" off the first album). Which is a good thing in my book.

Was the entrance of the cat intentional, or pure chance?

:hmm:

Ditto with a little bit of early Ratt. :metal:

Daniel_rsf

Preview song for my band

Mr Incredible wrote:
Ditto with a little bit of early Ratt. :metal:

Now that you mentioned this... I realized the main riff is too much close to "lack of comunication" riff. I haven't thought of that until now...
Dr Nick

Preview song for my band

Now that you mentioned this... I realized the main riff is too much close to "lack of comunication" riff. I haven't thought of that until now...

Well, kind of, but it wasn't something I thought of particularly - different key, there's a chord that hangs in the middle which isn't there in the LoC riff, and there's the descending arpeggio at the end of the riff (the "tail", if you like) which also differentiates it from LoC.

Shouldn't worry about it, you can find similarities with everything if you try, but this is YOUR riff, so embrace it, develop the song, and have fun.

Just make sure the melody is nothing like LoC - and the vocalist is better than Steven Pearcy!!!!

:puke:
Daniel_rsf

Preview song for my band

Dr Nick wrote:

Well, kind of, but it wasn't something I thought of particularly - different key, there's a chord that hangs in the middle which isn't there in the LoC riff, and there's the descending arpeggio at the end of the riff (the "tail", if you like) which also differentiates it from LoC.

Shouldn't worry about it, you can find similarities with everything if you try, but this is YOUR riff, so embrace it, develop the song, and have fun.

Just make sure the melody is nothing like LoC - and the vocalist is better than Steven Pearcy!!!!

:puke:

hahahahaha :roll:

Already got the vocal, certainly can do more tricks than Pearcy! hehehe and is gonna help me develop the song... you see, I'm no lyricist (every lyric I tried to make was so stupid I just thrown away), but my new vocal/second guitar can do it!

Cool that he will be vocal + plus guitar player. So no need to have 2 guitars every song, but when needed, he can deliver it!
Duojett71

Preview song for my band

Pretty cool song. Nice playing to. I see you are from Rio. I will be staying in Cococabana a week from now for about 3 and a half days. Any good rock clubs out that way?
Daniel_rsf

Preview song for my band

Duojett71 wrote:
Pretty cool song. Nice playing to. I see you are from Rio. I will be staying in Cococabana a week from now for about 3 and a half days. Any good rock clubs out that way?

Thank you! :mrhappy:

About the clubs...

There's the Heavy Duty Beer Club http://www.heavydutybeerclub.com/ I think it's the most famous club here, but anyway, it's just a small dirty bar that invites some bands to play. Probably gonna play there a couple times when my band is ready to do it.

Another option is the "Garage", another underground metal scene site. And it is near the other one, Heavy Duty...

I think those are the most notorious ones... there are also sporadic events like Metal Jam, but it takes place once a year. Won't happen the time you're here.

If you want to go to the near city, Niterói, the scene is a little stronger here I think. It's where I live now.

But anyway... Rio de Janeiro is the worst city for that, with the weakest scene. If you want a great heavy metal scene, with lots of bands and bigger acts, you will mostly find that on São Paulo, Belém, Recife...

But than, hope you enjoy! If you want to keep in touch, you can look for me on facebook, Daniel Sideris.
Dinosaur David B

Preview song for my band

You guys should meet for a drink. If I were lucky enough to be down there, I certainly would.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Daniel_rsf

Preview song for my band

Dinosaur David B wrote:
You guys should meet for a drink. If I were lucky enough to be down there, I certainly would.

That would be nice! Hehehehe it would be fun to meet any of you guys.