Greetings from the Motor City

Introduce yourself to the Dino Rock Guitar Forum. Please mention how you found us!
Hint: you'll get a warmer reception if your first post isn't spam.
TheCause

Hey all, I'm TheCause and I'm from the Metro-Detroit area of Michigan. Since it was suggested, I'll go ahead and tell you all that I'm only 17 (18 in a few months). I think I was about 9 when I first took a good listen to some AC/DC and the rest is, as they say, history. I believe the album that I first listened to was Back in Black, and I proceeded to pick up a new AC/DC CD from my dad's collection once a week. I don't remember how old I was, but eventually I picked out "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden. That's when things really changed. Since then, 'Maiden's been my favorite band, but I think most importantly it opened the doors to all the other great music that's out there.

I picked up guitar around 13. Prior to picking up guitar, I had played cello for a year, and saxophone for 3. Now, to be completely honest, I wasn't so into it when I got my guitar. Maybe it's because I didn't buy it myself, or maybe it's because I was used to being naturally good at most things, and guitar is difficult. Whatever the case, I wasn't very motivated for the first year, but then I got into it a lot and since then, I feel like my playing's improved (except I'm very pessimistic and I'm sure I criticize my playing more than most people. I always get comments from people, but I think they're just saying it to say it and make me feel good.).

My taste in music that I will tolerate is basically all genres (yes I enjoy the occasional 10 seconds of hip-hop), but my favorite genre is definitely what me and my dad call 'Classic Hard Rock', or what you guys call 'Dinosaur Rock'. More often than not, I'll be listening to Iron Maiden, Accept, Black Sabbath, and the likes. Some other bands I like a lot are Megadeth (their older stuff; pre-Countdown) and Helloween on the harder side, and on the classic rock side, I just love Yes and Jethro Tull. Jimi and Buddy Guy are mainly who I listen to for blues. I could keep on naming bands that I really enjoy, but I won't for your sake (I feel I've already elaborated on this first post a bit too much).

Anyways, thanks Dave for getting me registered. I'd wanted to register for over a year now, but never gotten 'round to it, but I finally decided to do it. I look forward to talking to others who share my interest in this amazing music.
maybeyes

Welcome to the board Cause.
Skye

Welcome! :smile:
MarshallLaw

Welcome TheCause :smile:
Jay G

Welcome to the forum
jebbudda

Glad you found us .
Seven Moons

Welcome!
guitarrednfeathered

Welcome, welcome, welcome.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.
Dr Nick

Welcome fella!
Dinosaur David B

welcome
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.