Hi Everyone....

Introduce yourself to the Dino Rock Guitar Forum. Please mention how you found us!
Hint: you'll get a warmer reception if your first post isn't spam.
Skye

Hi Everyone....

Hello all - just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I've been looking for a great discussion group for rock guitar and this was the first site that popped up when I googled "rock guitar discussion". Looks great here - seems to be a lot of quality discussion and no trolls or other BS - a big plus since the Internet is generally polluted with those kind of idiots. Lol....

Anyway my name is Nick, I've been playing guitar since 1980 when I was 14. Toured, recorded and was a full time guitar teacher for many years. Played the Long Island club circuit in the 80's and 90's. Also attended Five Towns College as a music major in the late 80's. My main influences are EVH, Randy Rhoads, George Lynch and Paul Gilbert. Of course that's just the short list. I love so many of the great rock players it's impossible to list them all, but everyone from Schon to Macalpine and then some...lol...

I've been fortunate enough to study with some great players. I was a student of Al Pitrelli (TSO, Alice Cooper, Megadeth, Asia) for many years, and also studied with John Petrucci for about a year when he was giving lessons out of his parent's house in the late 80's. I'm currently looking for a good project to get involved in - cover or original.

Here's a clip of me just doing some off the cuff noodling. I'm trying to get some more quality, polished covers up on my youtube channel in the new year. I have a UX-1 that I love, but don't use it much since it sounds weak thru my shitty headphones...lol. Finally got a nice pair of Alesis monitors so I can do some better clips for my channel and start using it more. Though I'm playing thru my stage rig in the following clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJcp6IytwJE

Anyway, looking forward to some good discussion with you folks on my favorite topic. Thanks to Dave for accepting me into the forum. I appreciate it.
guitarrednfeathered

Hi Everyone....

Welcome. It's clear from the clip that you do indeed love Eddie Van Halen. :smile: Nice tapping, sounds good! Looking forward to your posts.

Jen
Skye

Hi Everyone....

Thanks Jen.
Dinosaur David B

Hi Everyone....

Welcome. I have a lot of family in your neck of the woods.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Skye

Hi Everyone....

Thanks David. I'm in Smithtown these days out in Suffolk County. Moved here in 2006. I grew up in Nassau County - East Meadow.
maybeyes

Hi Everyone....

Welcome aboard. Will give the youtube a looksie later. Looking forward to hearing it later.
TravisW

Hi Everyone....

Hi, fellow new guy!
Skye

Hi Everyone....

Thanks Maybeyes. I hope you enjoy it. :biggrin2:

Hey Travis. :metal:
Jay G

Hi Everyone....

Welcome to the forum Nick.
Skye

Hi Everyone....