Black Country Communion - AFTERGLOW (2012)

Got a great new Dinosaur Rock CD, DVD or book? Get screwed on a shitty one? Let us know so we can check out the good and avoid the bad. Post your reviews here.
Bent out of shape

I gave it another listen today (first since purchase day coupla weeks ago) and found a number of the tracks growing on me. Btw its reached 48 on the Billboard charts. To date the best showing for BCC product.
The Seeker

Bent out of shape wrote:
I gave it another listen today (first since purchase day coupla weeks ago) and found a number of the tracks growing on me. Btw its reached 48 on the Billboard charts. To date the best showing for BCC product.

Even on the Bonamassa forum, people are talking about how the album really grows on multiple listenings and like you I agree thats the case.

In the UK, it entered the full album charts at 29 and fell to 96 the second week, making it marginally worse performing than the other 2.

'Global Charts' had 1st week worldwide sales of around 30,000 units

Sancho

The bonus DVD has cool in the studio footage. But most of the talking is done by one guy.

No points for guessing who...
Dr Nick

I've not watched the DVD yet, but I have to say it's growing on me.

They're all patchy IMO, and so far "2" is the least memorable of the lot. The first one has moments I love, and keep going back to. There are none on "2" in my ears.

This one needs more time.

However it seems to me that a lot of choruses seem almost unfinished - the riffs are good, the song builds nicely...then the chorus is a let-down.
RoadRacerX

I'm on and off this board a lot. LOL Nick, Patchy describes me checking in on the Dino page. So I did a search for Afterglow, because I really love much of the record, and here I am years after this thread was started. I feel a real Zeppelin vibe, courtesy of Jason Bonham and his drums pretty loud in the mix. I want my band to cover "This is your Time" because it just rocks and I think we can pull it off. The Circle is amazing to me. Glenn's vocals are soaring and full of emotion. The lyrics are amazing. At this moment I can't think of a vocalist I like better than Glenn Hughes. And he's still hitting these notes at age 69! I can only dream that the Dead Daisies will return to Nashville when this COVID bullshit is over and done.