Alchemy Profile Replacement Idea.

Help me make this a better Forum! Got some ideas that would make this place better, let me know.
inmyhands

In a current thread about Alchemy Profiles the Mayor stated that the admins' were looking for something different. I'll just throw this out there and you can do what you want with it.

Classic Rock has always been identified by different instruments (guitars and/or amps). Some of these types have even spawned some fame in themselves. While most of us seem to focus on Les Pauls and/or Stratocasters there have been many types that have contributed to the Classic Rock sound. SG's, Explorers, Firebirds, Telecasters (early Led Zepp), Flying V's, and, to shorten this list, certain Yamahas, Jacksons, Ibanez, Hamers, etc.

With amps think Hiwatt, plexis, 800s, Orange, the Mark I, mkII, etc.

What about profiling a specific type of guitar or amp? Example: Gibson SG. It's place in Classic Rock. How/why it was first conceived and built. Examples of famous Classic Rock songs it was featured on. Examples of Classic Rock guitarists who ,(at points or during all), of their careers showed a preference for this guitar. Their reasons for this choice,(if known),more general reasons this guitar is well designed for this format, and then if any specific examples of this guitar have achieved legendary status ie; Iommi's, Marino's, etc. Did these legends have any mods made to them to achieve the sound they created? Did these legendary examples have names?

Famous amps could, to some degree, be done the same way. ie: Pete's Marshall Stack or the Hiwatts that took their place, The 800 and it's use by whomever.

Like I said, feel free to take or reject any part of this idea. I just sometimes get the feeling from the contents of the forum threads that the members have as much or more interest in the instruments as in the instrumentalists.

Thanks for listening. Sorry if it got a little long.
Dinosaur David B

That's a fine idea, but that's been done in books and other websites and it's been done better than we could do it.

However, we one of the things we will be focussing on will be gear related, with a Dino slant on the topic.
It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
inmyhands

Sounds cool to me. I'm already lookin' forward to it. Thanks Dave.