So, This Is Happening This Week…

This is the place for discussing guitars, stuff like woods, and tone-related issues. Discuss guitar techniques in the separate forum.
Stitsel

Re: So, This Is Happening This Week…

Dinosaur wrote:
Stitsel wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:11 am Huh, mine has locking tuners, came stock  :confusion-shrug:

Are they made by Ibanez? Do they have an Ibanez stamp on them? They're probably Gotos's licensed by Ibanez. 

True, they're not Ibanez, they are Gotoh's, but they came stock on the guitar. I never got the "it has a locking nut, so no need for locking tuners" mindset that guitar companies have. As far as I'm concerned, every guitar should have locking tuners, but that's just me. I have 'em on every guitar I own, locking nut or not.

And....that's a badass Satch guitar. Always loved those MCP JS's. 

Gunner4Life

My first Sully had the same Gotoh tuners, when I swapped them out for the locking versions of them, it noticeably changed the balance of the guitar, not for the better, but that guitar does have a very light body. I wonder if balance has something to do with them not putting them on.

Dinosaur David B

I just picked up a set of locking Ratio tuners as a replacement. Probably overkill, given the locking nut, but I didn't want to have to mod or drill the guitar. 

(I'd been threatening to replace them, and this gave me the kick in the ass. I have them, but haven't done it yet).  These are actually pretty small. Smaller than the originals I think. Way smaller than this fucking picture I can't seem to resize. 

It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
Gunner4Life

The older Gotohs are a pain in the ass to replace, they changed the angle of the screw, so when I replaced the ones on my Sully I went crazy looking for the locking version with the same screw location.