New Lerxst Limelight superstrat

This is the place for discussing guitars, stuff like woods, and tone-related issues. Discuss guitar techniques in the separate forum.
Dinosaur David B

New Lerxst Limelight superstrat

Based on the old Hentor Sportscaster.

It's not a restring until I'm bleeding.
cvansickle

Re: New Lerxst Limelight superstrat

Yeah, but FOUR GRAND??
Dinosaur David B

cvansickle wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:11 pm Yeah, but FOUR GRAND??

Yeah, that's fucking NUTS.

I was talking to Chuck about it last night. He's as big a Rush fan as I know, and he too, felt the price was ridiculous. 

I never figured Lifeson for a rape them on the price guy. I don't know why he's allowing this. A very plain Superstrat like that goes for $11-$1200. Curt can make you an exact replica of the original Hentor for $1500.

MAYBE, because of the Lifeson name you overcharge to $1800, or even $2K. I could see that. But $4K? My custom painted Spitfire Chubtone didn't cost that with the elaborate paint job. 

Plus, this guitar is made by Godin. They're not known for overpriced stuff. 
So I don't get it.  :confusion-shrug:

Tatosh Guitar

Dinosaur wrote: Yeah, that's fucking NUTS.

I was talking to Chuck about it last night. He's as big a Rush fan as I know, and he too, felt the price was ridiculous. 

I never figured Lifeson for a rape them on the price guy. I don't know why he's allowing this. A very plain Superstrat like that goes for $11-$1200. Curt can make you an exact replica of the original Hentor for $1500.

MAYBE, because of the Lifeson name you overcharge to $1800, or even $2K. I could see that. But $4K? My custom painted Spitfire Chubtone didn't cost that with the elaborate paint job. 

Plus, this guitar is made by Godin. They're not known for overpriced stuff. 
So I don't get it.  :confusion-shrug:

I don't think I would ever pay 4 grand for a guitar, not even if I was swimming in money. But if I did, it would be for something Les Paulish. Certainly not a bolt on. Not even if Hendrix himself was offering it to me.

$1,500 would probably be my top.

These price for a Godin strikes me as absurd, ridiculous and just plain absent minded. It reminds me of those millionares who just can't grasp how much things cost to the average joe.

Speaking of Curt, anybody knows how is he doing these days? I haven't seen much on his social media lately.
Dinosaur David B

Tatosh wrote:Sat Jan 03, 1970 9:44 pm Speaking of Curt, anybody knows how is he doing these days? I haven't seen much on his social media lately.

Haven't spoken to him in a bit, but last I heard they were back taking orders. 
TravisW

For that money, I'd look for one of the limited run done by Freddy Gabrsek done about ten years ago. He had done tech work for Alex over the years and got permission from Alex to do a limited run after having the original Hentor in his possession for 6 months to take measurements, etc. They pop up on Reverb now and then.